High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_3728.jpegThat’s the mulberry. Yeah that’s also my saw pinched in that top. I was sick as hell with Covid that day. (Nothing to do with why I pinched my saw). Lotta wood in that tree. I don’t usually see them that big around here. There’s a monster one on the same farm.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not ignorant at all, smart question!

Systematic "gray area legal" deforestation in the interest of "green renewable" energy is a huge business in Croatia without the proper administration in place to ensure reforestation - and that is supported by Europe Union regulations and what is much worse by financial subventions and aids by the same.

A local to me company is cashing in on creating "renewable energy".
During the winter season they burn over 100 cubic meters (I have been told 120 to 150) of high quality firewood logs every 24 hours to create hot water and steam for heating the city.
All year round they are shredding down high quality fresh cut healthy logs and making pellets for the Western Europe market - mind You, these pellets can not be found in stores nor purchased within Croatia, they are exclusively for export and tend to go to Italy and Austria!

Decades old forests are getting clear cut within weeks/months, it will take decades/centuries for them to regrow!

In Croatia heating Your home with any kind of firewood is "normal", but it has become extremely troublesome and increasingly expensive to source firewood for the little homeowner.
I am on a wait list for a month now, I don't know if nor when I will get called to go pay for my order.
A neighbor was on the wait list since January, he got his logs this Tuesday.

I am ahead with my firewood, but it worries me how difficult it is getting to secure firewood.

Right before and during the winter season firewood is most likely better $$ than drugs in Croatia, and it is legal!
Next to no one takes care of firewood beforehand, a new car and summer vacation are more important - and I don't pity those idiots.

Croatia entering the Europe Union is killing the free Croatian way of living and life.
The civil war opened the doors wide open to corruption and thievery!

Sorry, long day!
Nearly 1AM for me.

That is awful. There needs to be recourse fore strip mining of your country. Tell Belgium to go screw.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 376560That’s the mulberry. Yeah that’s also my saw pinched in that top. I was sick as hell with Covid that day. (Nothing to do with why I pinched my saw). Lotta wood in that tree. I don’t usually see them that big around here. There’s a monster one on the same farm.
Eff any gum. I ran into it once and I’d rather let it rot.
That mulberry is 🤘🏼👌🏼.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why'd You place a toy saw onto the branch pile? :thinking:

Here in Croatia that pile would be worth $$$!
It is crazy, You have wood rotting away, we don't have wood to keep our homes warm. o_O

I would love access to a free pile like that, I'd spend all my free time there.
There are 3 scrap piles on the property that I cut on. Here are pics of the other two.

Attachments

• 20211127_104621.jpg
    20211127_104621.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 17

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the northeast, especially around the Appalachian Mountains, we’re swimming in hardwood. It’s crazy how many 20-100 cord stacks of logs I see drive driving around here and PA. Lumber grade hardwood trees are hard to find so a lot of it goes to firewood.

Wilhelm if you had the means I’d let take as much as you need from from my stash. I try to offer close friends to come load up a truck but everyone is too busy.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it wasn't so far, I would let you cut wood on my farm Wilhelm.

In the northeast, especially around the Appalachian Mountains, we’re swimming in hardwood. It’s crazy how many 20-100 cord stacks of logs I see drive driving around here and PA. Lumber grade hardwood trees are hard to find so a lot of it goes to firewood.

Wilhelm if you had the means I’d let take as much as you need from from my stash. I try to offer close friends to come load up a truck but everyone is too busy.
Shipping a small 5lbs box filled with chains is 100ish$, shipping an EA5000 about 600+$ - no chance of getting any US logs over the pond to Croatia.

Thankfully I am ahead with processing firewood (at least 2 seasons!), and I don't need too much firewood annually.
It is just unsettling suddenly not being able to purchase firewood logs whenever You want or need them.

Cheers :beer-toast1:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

They will ask for some seasoned split come winter I bet. Funny how lazy people are, I mean how busy people are! I will start cutting again in the fall for winter '24-'25. We are full into tick season now.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipping a small 5lbs box filled with chains is 100ish$, shipping an EA5000 about 600+$ - no chance of getting any US logs over the pond to Croatia.

Thankfully I am ahead with processing firewood (at least 2 seasons!), and I don't need too much firewood annually.
It is just unsettling suddenly not being able to purchase firewood logs whenever You want or need them.

Cheers :beer-toast1:
At least you are ahead, and you can snag whatever you can in the mean time. Are there any farms near you where you could take deadfall? Most farmers around here want learners and falls removed as most have more than they need and can't sell those anyway. Might be something to look into.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The power company took down a large honey locust (I believe) at one of my neighbor's house, so I bucked it up with the 371and 5105. I made a lot of runs back and forth with the side x side! I split it with my rebuilt 3pt splitter. I gave the butt log to another neighbor to mill some slabs with his 660 and Alaska mill. The woodpile is a good start.
IMG20230331125935 - Copy.jpgIMG_20230506_104941_01 - Copy.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neighbor got his second firewood log load the days after I finished bucking his beech log pile, skidded and muddy oak.
It will get cut once the beech dries out a bit and gets out of the way into the shed.

IMG_20230507_131934.jpg IMG_20230507_131922.jpg IMG_20230507_131910.jpg

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Screenshot_20230513-180537.pngScreenshot_20230513-180730.pngSome of you may remember the tree that was poached from me a few weeks ago. Well I scored these oak logs on market place today to make up for it. First pic logs are 17' by 18" around easy wood. Not sure on the second but I'll get it done.
Sorry there screen shots. Was the only way I could get pics of MP.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 377573View attachment 377575Some of you may remember the tree that was poached from me a few weeks ago. Well I scored these oak logs on market place today to make up for it. First pic logs are 17' by 18" around easy wood. Not sure on the second but I'll get it done.
Sorry there screen shots. Was the only way I could get pics of MP.
Good deal, that's some clean logs. It sucks that someone would steal your wood.