High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try to split a piece. You'll know if it's elm pretty quick.
:risas3:.
Today, I was doing a splitting job for a customer, enough elm to be a royal pita! A 27 ton splitter could not get through most of it. I cut some of the logs in half with a powerful saw, then split some of it. A sinewy mess trying to plow through this crappy wood!

I will have to talk to the customer and see if they want more of the American elm split. Elm has other purposes, but firewood is not its strong point to put it mildly.
Good thing you have huskys :D.
that locust I just scored will season in 2
:b1:
Working up some big elm today. Got a new to me 576xpg giving it a run with a 32” bar

View attachment 316938 View attachment 316939 View attachment 316940
Congrats.
One of the smoothest saws made :).
I’ve had 2 experiences with elm. Both produced the same results. With the first one, I tried the whole * split it while it’s frozen* thing and it made zero difference. Elm also left me horrible huge clinkers, or big bricks of ash, that wouldn’t break up and go through my shaker grates.

https://youtube.com/shorts/vZOnXlclQxk?feature=share
That stuff looks like lava rocks, now I know where they come from lol.
You could be right. I looked at a bunch of pictures and the light ring around the outside and darker center does resemble black locust, from the pictures I looked at.
That's locust, my favorite!
Here is a video of tree from yesterday morning.
Nice job, and a sweet runner.
Keep your hands on that bar, could save you a lot of trouble ;).
The Ranger is a bad ass. It just loves to be loaded.
My BIL has one we beat the heck out of for yrs.
Here's a couple pics of it, it's pretty trashed now. He's hauled a lot of loads with it, loads it with an excavator and then unloads it with the excavator, the back hasn't faired well but it will still haul a load. The last time he got pulled over by a state trooper he told him not to take it on the road again :cop1:.
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 8.05.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 8.08.30 PM.png

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
263101398_5178975952117419_1674222628436658013_n.jpg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yall got nothin on this here meth-10
View attachment 318378
What happened to the new truck, can't believe you went back to the s-10 :D.
Next time I'm at my BIL's place I'll get some new pics, it's looking a bit tore up now, one too many hits in the back with the excavator. He still hauls wood with it though, and he never leaves it out of the barn at night lol.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What happened to the new truck, can't believe you went back to the s-10 :D.
Next time I'm at my BIL's place I'll get some new pics, it's looking a bit tore up now, one too many hits in the back with the excavator. He still hauls wood with it though, and he never leaves it out of the barn at night lol.
Haha not my truck. Friend of mine used it around his farm for years. Im sure youll be shocked to learn that it died shortly after this pic was taken...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best I can do was in spring, helping Dad split.
View attachment 318387
I sold a cord to a guy I know last yr, he dropped off a dump trailer with his TRD, I asked if he wanted me to valance the load out and he said no, I figured he would bring a different truck to pick it up(they have many). So I loaded it all to the front, couldn't move it with my tractor and I had to hook it to the suburban(when I still had it) to get it out of the drive.
So I heard something out there and looked out, there he was with the TRD hooking it up, that thing looked like it was gonna pull a wheelie going down the rd :cunaooooo:. I'm sure that wasn't the first time he had hauled something that heavy behind it, he never let off the throttle when he pulled out the drive :chuck:.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[QUOTE="chipper1, That's locust, my favorite![/QUOTE]

Someone else said it was locust, two or 3 did actually, and I told one of them, I was sure it wasn't, but I was wrong. I didn't even think of black locust, since what we have around here is 99.9% of the time honey locust and the leaves and bean pods are a dead give away and this one wasn't like that, but now that I've split a bit of it, it sure splits like a locust tree.

So to you folks who said it was locust and the one I told it wasn't "for sure", I apologize, I was wrong. This is the first tree I remember having that light colored ring around the outside and it splits really good actually. Looks like it's burn qualities are very similar to honey locust, so this turned out to be quite the score!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone else said it was locust, two or 3 did actually, and I told one of them, I was sure it wasn't, but I was wrong. I didn't even think of black locust, since what we have around here is 99.9% of the time honey locust and the leaves and bean pods are a dead give away and this one wasn't like that, but now that I've split a bit of it, it sure splits like a locust tree.

So to you folks who said it was locust and the one I told it wasn't "for sure", I apologize, I was wrong. This is the first tree I remember having that light colored ring around the outside and it splits really good actually. Looks like it's burn qualities are very similar to honey locust, so this turned out to be quite the score!
That's something good to be apologizing about, having black locust lol.
It's a little lower on the btu chart than honey locust, but much easier to work with/split and it's a little lighter when green or seasoned.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's something good to be apologizing about, having black locust lol.
It's a little lower on the btu chart than honey locust, but much easier to work with/split and it's a little lighter when green or seasoned.

Yep, I will gladly be wrong and admit it, if it means I got a locust species of tree. Locust is the best we got out here and there's alot of them in the towns around here.