High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got around to cuttin up and splittin a couple little cherry logs I still had laying around. Bark splits for the fire and the rest split up smaller for the smoker. IMG_4119.JPGIMG_4120.JPG

P.S. I love my new Gransfors Bruks maul!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got around to cuttin up and splittin a couple little cherry logs I still had laying around. Bark splits for the fire and the rest split up smaller for the smoker. View attachment 44991View attachment 44992

P.S. I love my new Gransfors Bruks maul!

I love my GB maul also. A friend of mine bought one about 6 years ago. I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of. I grew up splitting wood every year. We always used a regular 6# maul and I used a single bit axe for easier splitting wood. Either tool could be bought for under $30. $175 for a splitting maul was absurd in my book.

Then I split about 6 cords with his maul.

It was so much better than anything else I'd ever used. The quality of the tool absolutely justifies the price. Don't regret the purchase one bit. I've probably done about 50 cords with mine. It's been a pleasure to use every time it's in my hands.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love my GB maul also. A friend of mine bought one about 6 years ago. I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of. I grew up splitting wood every year. We always used a regular 6# maul and I used a single bit axe for easier splitting wood. Either tool could be bought for under $30. $175 for a splitting maul was absurd in my book.

Then I split about 6 cords with his maul.

It was so much better than anything else I'd ever used. The quality of the tool absolutely justifies the price. Don't regret the purchase one bit. I've probably done about 50 cords with mine. It's been a pleasure to use every time it's in my hands.

Yeah I had never used or even seen one when I ordered it thinking I'd finally lost my mind. But no, Zero regrets. I was using a single bit cheapo before that and was quite effective with it for everything but the tough pieces. I was working so much harder though. Especially when the thing got stuck, which is not a problem any more. Now I like letting my friends use their hydraulic splitters for a while thinking they're doing it the easy way then bust out 'excalibur' and show them how its really done.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5 1/2 pound. Something about the shape and quality of the steel just makes it work better than any other maul or axe I've ever used. I'll snap a profile pic of the head later and post it. Splits better and doesn't get stuck as easy. I was a skeptic myself till I got mine and now I'm a believer.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have a picture of the maul? I'm gonna break my handle soon.

IMG_4155.JPG

Just happened to be looking and found a dual purpose photo. Not a straight on profile shot but I think it shows it well enough. Nice and thin at the point and doesn't swoop out till back at the handle. Hardened poll with beveled edges for striking steel wedges. Truly a work of art. Now I have read good reviews of the husqvarna maul and almost got it at half the price, but I've not yet seen or used one. So I can't speak personally to its quality, but they have a bit of a following of their own. In the end though... so happy with my choice. After my friend's family saw me using it, they were so impressed they conspired with me and got my friend one for Christmas. So now we have two to put to the test. Trying to talk a third friend into the husky so we can do a side by side. If its not quite as good it won't matter for him cause he'll rarely use it.

What's that? The dual purpose of the photo? Why yes that is a sexy hunk of apple tree that thing is stuck in. Of course the bark has since been split off for firewood and everything else nice little smoker sized splits!

Attachments

• IMG_4155.JPG
    IMG_4155.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 16

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 48498

Just happened to be looking and found a dual purpose photo. Not a straight on profile shot but I think it shows it well enough. Nice and thin at the point and doesn't swoop out till back at the handle. Hardened poll with beveled edges for striking steel wedges. Truly a work of art. Now I have read good reviews of the husqvarna maul and almost got it at half the price, but I've not yet seen or used one. So I can't speak personally to its quality, but they have a bit of a following of their own. In the end though... so happy with my choice. After my friend's family saw me using it, they were so impressed they conspired with me and got my friend one for Christmas. So now we have two to put to the test. Trying to talk a third friend into the husky so we can do a side by side. If its not quite as good it won't matter for him cause he'll rarely use it.

What's that? The dual purpose of the photo? Why yes that is a sexy hunk of apple tree that thing is stuck in. Of course the bark has since been split off for firewood and everything else nice little smoker sized splits!

I'm a once-skeptic now-believer in the Gransfors Bruks as well. Worth every penny. rps20170107_150631.jpg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought myself a Christmas present. Got delivered today. rps20170113_143445.jpg

12 cords of oak. Mostly white, with a little red mixed in. Unfortunately, he was driving a tractor and full length trailer, so we had to put them in the ditch. A truck and a pup will fit in my driveway, but not a semi trailer. Oh well, i was planning on moving the logs to the sugarbush before cutting anyway.

Anyway, hopefully this will help me get ahead.