High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally Found a Reasonably Priced 064 - Now What?

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got starting on the saw; I had to retire from the Army and move back home to Texas.

Anyway, I installed Caber rings, kept the OEM base gasket, installed new fuel tank and all new fuel and impulse lines, gutted the muffler baffle, and rebuilt the Bing carb (only place I could find a kit was Amazon). It does have a limited coil, but I'll keep that for now.

I have new OEM crank seals, but what are y'alls thoughts on replacing them? Wait and see how it runs first? Or replace them because they're likely original and 30+ years old?

IMG_0251.jpgIMG_0254.jpgIMG_0281.jpg

Last edited:

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have new OEM crank seals, but what are y'alls thoughts on replacing them?

I would replace them if I had the saw torn down that far and had the parts in hand. There is always a chance that the old seals are still good and have some service life left in them, but is it worth the gamble?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got starting on the saw; I had to retire from the Army and move back home to Texas.

Anyway, I installed Caber rings, kept the OEM base gasket, installed new fuel tank and all new fuel and impulse lines, gutted the muffler baffle, and rebuilt the Bing carb (only place I could find a kit was Amazon). It does have a limited coil, but I'll keep that for now.

I have new OEM crank seals, but what are y'alls thoughts on replacing them? Wait and see how it runs first? Or replace them because they're likely original and 30+ years old?

View attachment 397442View attachment 397443View attachment 397444
@markds2 what rings don't play nice with what stihl cylinders?