Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate it. I got a Birthday coming up and have been giving hints as to what I want. I'll send my fiance the link.

Good plan. Be sure to let her know it's a today-only deal

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The millwrights at work used DeWalt cordless impacts , 18 volt . I have no cordless impacts myself but a few air impacts including a 3/4" monster that really uses a lot of air . Because of being out dated I was able to amass a lot of air operated tools for free .Drills , rivet guns, impacts .What I have or how many I have no idea ,just a lot .That job was a gold mine for a dumpster diver .:)

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The millwrights at work used DeWalt cordless impacts , 18 volt . I have no cordless impacts myself but a few air impacts including a 3/4" monster that really uses a lot of air . Because of being out dated I was able to amass a lot of air operated tools for free .Drills , rivet guns, impacts .What I have or how many I have no idea ,just a lot .That job was a gold mine for a dumpster diver .:)
The m18 fuel is very nice. I saw a napa ad you can get the tool and two batteries and charger for $329. Had I known I would have went that route. Hopefully my dewalt doesn't give me any more trouble for a long time.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have any of yous seen this channel yet?
Yeah. Had I known I probably would have got the new bosch or the m18 fuel from napa which is on sale right now but, the dewalt should do everything that I need it to do if it doesn't crap out on me like the first one did. I like the little man cave tools modified Milwaukee that they tested. I got a 6v power wheels motorcycle given to me that was non working. Found out it wasn't grounded back to the battery so it was an easy fix. My son is like 40lbs and it will barely move with him on it. I hooked my 20v battery to it and the thing hauled ass. The little motor was not happy though... quit after about 30 seconds haha. Thinking about replacing my atomic dewalt drill and mounting the motor and battery from the drill on the powerwheels.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. Had I known I probably would have got the new bosch or the m18 fuel from napa which is on sale right now but, the dewalt should do everything that I need it to do if it doesn't crap out on me like the first one did. I like the little man cave tools modified Milwaukee that they tested. I got a 6v power wheels motorcycle given to me that was non working. Found out it wasn't grounded back to the battery so it was an easy fix. My son is like 40lbs and it will barely move with him on it. I hooked my 20v battery to it and the thing hauled ass. The little motor was not happy though... quit after about 30 seconds haha. Thinking about replacing my atomic dewalt drill and mounting the motor and battery from the drill on the powerwheels.

That little frankensteined Milwaukee was sweet. And nice save on the bike.

And I'm not brand bias since none of them sponsor me lol.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That little frankensteined Milwaukee was sweet. And nice save on the bike.

And I'm not brand bias since none of them sponsor me lol.
Ya I'd run harbor freight if they were worth a damn. Theirs is big and clunky and doesn't put out the same force that the name brands do. Not much cheaper either....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya I'd run harbor freight if they were worth a damn. Theirs is big and clunky and doesn't put out the same force that the name brands do. Not much cheaper either....

They cost more buy the time you add batteries, fast charger and warranty to make it equal to what else is out there.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

They cost more buy the time you add batteries, fast charger and warranty to make it equal to what else is out there.

And unless I'm mistaken they don't make much else that runs on the same platform. Sure is nice being able to use the big tool brand batteries on a wide range of stuff.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And unless I'm mistaken they don't make much else that runs on the same platform. Sure is nice being able to use the big tool brand batteries on a wide range of stuff.
Right. I like being able to go out and buy whatever I need that uses the battery I already have. The hf stuff is hit and miss. I have a bunch of their tools and they are okish. Probably my best purchase from there was my $14 grinder I've been using for 8 years now haha. I bought a multiprocess welder, the titanium 200 and it's not bad. Does have an annoying habit of feeding out another inch of wire when I let off the trigger. Not sure what's causing it. I think I can pay $70 and get a new welder though with the warranty plan I bought. I'd like to get a few more dewalt or Milwaukee tools for automotive stuff and diy home projects... maybe a better grinder when the hf one blows up.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’re not new to how lithium batteries die right? The 899 spec wise looks sweet and after everything my 1/4” dewalt will do that’s the one I want. I currently use my 1/4” for tire rotations. I finally started buying hf 1/4 to 1/2 adapters after breaking both dewalt and Milwaukee adapters.

If I find the right deal on the high torque Milwaukee I’ll buy that but I already have all the dewalt stuff.

Work bought a 3/4” Milwaukee 18v for some repair work, That’s a bad sucker.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’re not new to how lithium batteries die right? The 899 spec wise looks sweet and after everything my 1/4” dewalt will do that’s the one I want. I currently use my 1/4” for tire rotations. I finally started buying hf 1/4 to 1/2 adapters after breaking both dewalt and Milwaukee adapters.

If I find the right deal on the high torque Milwaukee I’ll buy that but I already have all the dewalt stuff.

Work bought a 3/4” Milwaukee 18v for some repair work, That’s a bad sucker.
They're not much different from the old nicad batteries that slowly get worse and worse? My understanding is lithium is supposed to last a little longer. So... every couple years I have to buy some new batteries... not a big deal.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love to see a full range of plug in electric tools about the same size and performance as air tools. I do 99% of my power tool use in the garage and I'm accustomed to dragging an air hose around so cords aren't a big deal. When I was a kid, we built several houses. Back then, battery tools couldn't really keep up with construction demands so getting an electric pole and meter installed was always job one.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're not much different from the old nicad batteries that slowly get worse and worse? My understanding is lithium is supposed to last a little longer. So... every couple years I have to buy some new batteries... not a big deal.
I meant dying like out of charge where they just cut off and stop working. In my experience they work right until the end. Very little time from working to dead.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody know if there is such a thing as a drill chuck to fit on the anvil of a 1/2" drive impact? I need to drill some concrete anchors for shelving in the basement. Or, is a "hammer drill" even entirely necessary?

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody know if there is such a thing as a drill chuck to fit on the anvil of a 1/2" drive impact? I need to drill some concrete anchors for shelving in the basement. Or, is a "hammer drill" even entirely necessary?
Yes, I have one. We use them at work for tapping i beams and structural steel.