Echo pb8010 full throttle bog... ideas?

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2 year old pb8010t. Ran great for the first year, then developed a high speed bog. Put on new fuel line kit and bog went away for a couple tanks, then came back. Checked everything I could and bought another fuel line kit. Again, bog went away for a tank or 2 then it's back again.

So far, it's on its 5th fuel line kit. Blower has maybe 15 hours on it. Only ever had 90 octane e-free with vp oil at 40-1. Same fuel can for all my ope and all other stuff runs fine.

I have watched the clear fuel line when pulling full throttle and it looks like somehow there are air bubbles coming up the line, and as soon as the bubbles make their way into the carb, there's the bog. This has been frustrating as hell trying to run the blower as it'll only run at about 60%.

Any ideas??? I'm about ready to smash it and go buy a BR800 or the new red max.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2 year old pb8010t. Ran great for the first year, then developed a high speed bog. Put on new fuel line kit and bog went away for a couple tanks, then came back. Checked everything I could and bought another fuel line kit. Again, bog went away for a tank or 2 then it's back again.

So far, it's on its 5th fuel line kit. Blower has maybe 15 hours on it. Only ever had 90 octane e-free with vp oil at 40-1. Same fuel can for all my ope and all other stuff runs fine.

I have watched the clear fuel line when pulling full throttle and it looks like somehow there are air bubbles coming up the line, and as soon as the bubbles make their way into the carb, there's the bog. This has been frustrating as hell trying to run the blower as it'll only run at about 60%.

Any ideas??? I'm about ready to smash it and go buy a BR800 or the new red max.
Sucks maybe a bad batch of lines yous gettin.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a blockage somewhere, is there a tank vent stuck, ok when at low
rpm or when you vented the tank by replacing the lines.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure it’s tuned rich enough for the colder weather?

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought about that, but it does the same thing with fuel cap loose or completely off. I thunk I have a clip of it, maybe I can post it up.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure it’s tuned rich enough for the colder weather?

There's no carb adjustments that I can see, and it does it whether it's 85 or 30 degrees. Just can't figure out why it clears up with a new kit then comes right back after a couple tanks. At $35 a whack, I'm $150 into just fuel lines au this point.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you seen any problem with the the hours old fuel lines your removing?

How’s the muffler screen? I’m not familiar with this blower and muffler setup, but I’ve had Internal baffles plugged that gave similar symptoms.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you seen any problem with the the hours old fuel lines your removing?

How’s the muffler screen? I’m not familiar with this blower and muffler setup, but I’ve had Internal baffles plugged that gave similar symptoms.
Muffler is pristine. Haven't seen anything odd about old fuel kits. I can't figure out how the air bubbles get in the line when the filter is completely submerged in fuel. Here's the kit:Screenshot_20211228-131234_Samsung Internet.jpg

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next move for me would be cleaning and put a kit in the carburetor.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carb is pristine. Machine looks new, basically is new. Easily less than 15-20 hours. I've searched and searched and can't find any info on air bubbles in the clear supply line. Seems not possible but it's constant at full throttle. I can watch the bubbles progress to bottom of carb, then it bogs. Rinse, repeat.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lost the clip I had. I'll record it this weekend and post up. That'll make it easy to see what's going on. The current fuel kit has 3.5 tanks on it. Just put it on in November.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lost the clip I had. I'll record it this weekend and post up. That'll make it easy to see what's going on. The current fuel kit has 3.5 tanks on it. Just put it on in November.
They use the same line on the 7310. I could see it potentially sucking in some air at the carb connection. Doesn’t seem like the air would go backwards where you could see it though

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the exact same problem with a Shindaiwa EB810. It's been back to the dealer 2x now. First they adjusted the carb and changed the fuel filter. The blower ran good for about 30 minutes. Second time they changed the fuel filter again. It ran good for about an hour before bogging. I fished the filter out of the tank and the blower runs good for about 20 minutes before starting to bog. It's frustrating.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've ordered half a dozen spring clips of each size. I'm going to tryn super seal every possible entry for air to enter and see what happens. If that doesn't work imma hafta wave the white flag. Can tell you that this is my first and LAST echo product. Ugh.

Last time I used it I was close to smashing the mfer but common sense somehow came back and I finished up with the rake.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got around thirty tanks thru the bighusky without a hiccup. Been recording each time it gets fill it up.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Arrows show the 2 places Screenshot_20211231-102350_Samsung Internet.jpg that aren't tightly secured where the connection is not submerged in fuel. Going to try to put death grip on those spots and see if that stops the bog/air bubbles.
Line after top arrow is clear, that's where I see the bubbles going forward into the carb inlet. Bubbles go in, then it bogs. Repeat until smashing the mfer is imminent lol

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems when engine gets hot it's starts too bog/play up. For these reasons I'd check in no particular order, richening the carb, some carbs can be adjusted despite not having H&L screws visible. Ignition module playing up when it's hot. Tank vent, backpacks have a large usually 2ish litre tank so they can run a while before the tank vent causes bogging. Just muh thoughts.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This is what mine is doing. You give it gas and air bubbles come up through the gas line and then it starts stalling.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is identical to my problem. Looks exactly the same.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How full is the tank when it happens? Maybe try a different fuel filter that might better suck up the last bit of fuel with less air. I'm not a fan of non chainsaw Echo stuff. The carbs are not easy to adjust, and are just weird in comparison. You have to look up the carb part diagram, if it can be found, identify where the H screw is, and a way to access it. It wasn't easy on a 265ln blower I have.

The choke switch just fell off the shindaiwa 810 at work, bad design. Now I stuff my glove in the intake manifold to choke it to start it, but it has also always run poorly like it is lean especially on the low speed, but there's no obvious way to adjust it.