Echo pb8010 full throttle bog... ideas?

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is identical to my problem. Looks exactly the same.
If you figure out what's wrong with yours please post up what the fix is.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How full is the tank when it happens? Maybe try a different fuel filter that might better suck up the last bit of fuel with less air. I'm not a fan of non chainsaw Echo stuff. The carbs are not easy to adjust, and are just weird in comparison. You have to look up the carb part diagram, if it can be found, identify where the H screw is, and a way to access it. It wasn't easy on a 265ln blower I have.

The choke switch just fell off the shindaiwa 810 at work, bad design. Now I stuff my glove in the intake manifold to choke it to start it, but it has also always run poorly like it is lean especially on the low speed, but there's no obvious way to adjust it.
It'll do it even with a full tank.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It'll do it even with a full tank.

Here's what I've done so far to diagnose and try to fix: first time, purged fuel cap, no change. Installed new fuel kit that dealer gave me, bog went away for about 3-4 tanks then back again. Again, tried running with fuel cap loose. Even pulled tank vent and zero change. Put on another fuel kit, bog went away for about 2ish tanks, then bog is back. Replaced entire fuel line with oem echo black fuel line and a stihl filter. Went away for a tank then back again. Bought another echo kit and installed, ran great for a tank and 1/2, bog came back. Tried filling the tank completely full, ran with fuel cap loose, etc, no change. Tried another kit and same deal, about midway through 2nd tank bog starts again. Keep in mind that when the bog starts, the bubbles start. New kit equals zero bubbles. Can't understand how that happens. I've ordered three kits from 3 different places to try to eliminate a bad batch, no dice. Once the bog starts, it stays with a cold engine, warm engine, half tank, full tank, yadda yadda.

I'll update tomorrow when I zip seal the lines and see if that does it. If not I might get some tannerite and send that mfer to space lol

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Arrows show the 2 places View attachment 322153 that aren't tightly secured where the connection is not submerged in fuel. Going to try to put death grip on those spots and see if that stops the bog/air bubbles.
Line after top arrow is clear, that's where I see the bubbles going forward into the carb inlet. Bubbles go in, then it bogs. Repeat until smashing the mfer is imminent lol
With one of the extra kits why don’t you drill hole in bushing and pull line through it in one piece for fuel supply? Might be worth a try. Hope you didn’t throw all the used kits away.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been able to get these larger blowers running fine, but I’ve used filters from 3120’s & the black one piece fuel lines, purchased in bulk from Echo. All fuel connections have the green spring clips on them.

70-80cc machines need better flowing filters & lines than the crap see through, multi-piece, *s-wordsized filters them crapkits come with

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you guys figure this out?
I have an 8010 blower that started doing the exact same thing this fall.

It needs to have the carb adjusted a touch richer. I adjusted mine 1/8-1/4 turn richer, and it solved the problem.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you guys figure this out?
I have an 8010 blower that started doing the exact same thing this fall.

It needs to have the carb adjusted a touch richer. I adjusted mine 1/8-1/4 turn richer, and it solved the problem.

I haven't gotten the gremlins worked out of mine. I know a small single D works on the low speed jet on top. I don't see a high speed jet on my carb anywhere.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Warning... long post but maybe helpful. To the carb adjustment guys: thanks but this isn't a tuning issue, never has been. A new fuel line can't make the carb run right, at least not to my knowledge. And carb adjustment can't stop air from entering the fuel line, again at least to my knowledge. But thanks for the tips on tuning the wyab-1. Good to know.

@Moparmyway I'd tend to agree about crappy filters, but the echo kit comes with a genuine walbro, and it seems pretty decent.

@PissRev
Pretty sure I finally sorted it out yesterday. No pics or video, too damn cold up here. Here's what I did:

Started it up cold, air bubbles and bog present. Removed grommet, zip tied tank line tightly to connector elbow and reinstalled. Started back up, bog and bubbles still present. Removed grommet again, removed fuel filter entirely and reinstalled. Started up, bubbles and bog gone, no issues. Removed grommet again, reinstalled fuel filter. Started up, bubbles and bog back again. Removed grommet again, tightened zip tie at connector with tools as tight as I could get it (couple more clicks using tools) and reinstalled. Started up, bubbles and bog are gone. Ran for a half hour blowing snow with zero bogs.

To summarize, here's my theory: new kit, no bog. Couple tanks is all it takes to get a little resistance on the new fuel filter. Once that resistance builds a bit, the suction from the carb causes the unsecured line at the tank side of the connector to start pulling air. Echo mistakenly overlooked this area, as the black line is much softer than the clear, and more susceptible to allow air in without the aid of a clamp.

@PissRev , take off the grommet and cinch that black fuel line tightly to the orange connector and see if that gets rid of the air bubbles/bog. I sure can't see how air could enter at the filter connection if it's submerged. Let me know if that does the trick. I'm hopeful.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rjames Thank you for the info. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to do this and I'll report back on how it works.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rjames Thank you for the info. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to do this and I'll report back on how it works.

Let me know if you want some clamps/ rings. I ordered half a dozen of each, I'll send you a couple if you want.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me know if you want some clamps/ rings. I ordered half a dozen of each, I'll send you a couple if you want.
I appreciate it. I will try the zip tie route and if it doesn't work I'll hit you up.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rjames I zip tied the fuel line above and below the grommet tried two different fuel filters, and no dice. It's still sucking air in the carb from somewhere. I took that sucker back to the dealer because it's still under warranty. This is very frustrating.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@SOS Ridgerider I put my tach on the blower and before it starts to die, it's running between 7700 and 7800 RPMs. A year ago, I did adjust the low speed jet where it wasn't so cold-blooded when started.

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rjames I zip tied the fuel line above and below the grommet tried two different fuel filters, and no dice. It's still sucking air in the carb from somewhere. I took that sucker back to the dealer because it's still under warranty. This is very frustrating.

Bummer. I wish you would have ran it with no filter and see how that worked. I know the first time I zip tied the tank side line, I didn't get it tight enough and used pliers to get it super snug the 2nd time.

Good luck at the dealer, I've never taken anything to them, around here they're all pretty much useless unless you need a simple part and can't wait.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rjames I got my blower from the dealer this afternoon before I went to work. I cranked it up in the parking lot, ran it about 5 minutes, and it was running fine. I did talk to the tech that worked on it and he said one of my problems was a bad spark plug and spark plug boot. They also changed out all of the fuel lines, elbows and fuel filter. Sometime tomorrow afternoon I'll probably get a chance to run to the little bit to see if it's running ok.

Last edited:

rjames

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rjames I got my blower from the dealer this afternoon before I went to work. I cranked it up in the parking lot, ran it about 5 minutes, and it was running fine. I did talk to the tech that worked on it and he said one of my problems was a bad spark plug and spark plug boot. They also changed out all of the fuel lines, elbows and fuel filter. Sometime tomorrow afternoon I'll probably get a chance to run to the little bit to see if it's running ok.

Sounds like he put a youcan kit on it. I bet it'll run fine for a tank or 2. Hopefully it's good but I'm suspicious due to my own experience. Good luck, keep me posted!