Echo cs-310

cash192t

New OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several questions on the cs310. it has stupid plastic felling dogs, anyone know where to get some metal ones that fit?
Also, what can a guy expect to pay for a port job and tune on a saw like this? I know it won't be a monster. I am new to this and wanted to start with a cheap beginner rather than jump head first on a pro model. thanks

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several questions on the cs310. it has stupid plastic felling dogs, anyone know where to get some metal ones that fit?
Also, what can a guy expect to pay for a port job and tune on a saw like this? I know it won't be a monster. I am new to this and wanted to start with a cheap beginner rather than jump head first on a pro model. thanks

Sell it and buy a 352. Same size and weight as a 310 but with more power. You can do a muffler mod on either one. I have a 352. Yes the plastic spikes suck. Haven't found any way to add metal spikes.

Clarkbug

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one, but that's because someone left it at the dump so it followed me home. It was filthy from someone running used engine oil in it, needed a set of lines and a carb rebuild. I pulled the limiters, drilled out the catalyst in the muffler, and use it all the time for little limbing jobs.

If I was buying new, I would agree with the others here and go for the larger Echo.

cash192t

New OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sell it and buy a 352. Same size and weight as a 310 but with more power. You can do a muffler mod on either one. I have a 352. Yes the plastic spikes suck. Haven't found any way to add metal spikes.
I have done the muffler mod on mine. wondering about the timing advance but I have heard conflicting info on that. some say timing is set in the ignition coil others say just advance the flywheel. Like I said this is a learning experience for me before I jump in on a more expensive saw.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have done the muffler mod on mine. wondering about the timing advance but I have heard conflicting info on that. some say timing is set in the ignition coil others say just advance the flywheel. Like I said this is a learning experience for me before I jump in on a more expensive saw.

I have read that echos are advanced enough from the factory. I have advanced a couple Husqvarnas and one stihl kit saw. If you want experience get you a builder saw. They come up here pretty often. There was a Husqvarna 55 on here with scored piston. They are great simple saws to work on. Or you could get one of the Chinese parts kits and build it from scratch. I've done the Husqvarna 365/372 and the stihl 660 kits. They both will have a few issues to work through but run really good in the end if done right.