Echo 440 CS won't start

Fryedaddy

New OPE Member
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an Echo 440-CS, it's been a great saw over the years. Last week it was running great, then it died and I haven't been able to get it started since.
I gave it a tune up, new carburetor, plug, filters, etc.
It has vacuum and spark and fuel is getting to the carb, but it seems as though it's not getting into the cylinder? I can hit it with a squirt of starting fluid and it will fire, but won't run. I have not check it with a compression gage, but it feels like the compression is normal when I pull it.
I'm stumped.
Thanks,
Tom

Clarkbug

Active OPE Member
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mentioned a new carburetor. What settings are your screws at? Did you take apart the old one to see if there was something obviously wrong with it?

If you pull the muffler how does your piston look?

Fryedaddy

New OPE Member
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mentioned a new carburetor. What settings are your screws at? Did you take apart the old one to see if there was something obviously wrong with it?

If you pull the muffler how does your piston look?
Thanks Clarkbug, I did take the old carb apart and saw nothing odd. I hadn't messed with the screw settings and didn't look at the piston. I will dig into those and let you know what I find.

Clarkbug

Active OPE Member
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say to check your carb screws first, they might be out of whack and that's a good thing to eliminate before you dig deeper