Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Somebody gave me one of those saws looked new and two new oem coils plus the coil that went bad
At the time 180.00 for a new correct oem coil no used coils to be found anywhere.
So I quickly traded that saw for a minty 266
Dolmar can suck it with their *B-S.... coils and flywheels changing every month on the same damn model's.

Turner Saw

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Somebody gave me one of those saws looked new and two new oem coils plus the coil that went bad
At the time 180.00 for a new correct oem coil no used coils to be found anywhere.
So I quickly traded that saw for a minty 266
Dolmar can suck it with their *B-S.... coils and flywheels changing every month on the same damn model's.

Yeah, it's truly frustrating

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like you have your answer :cool:

Turner Saw

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like you have your answer :cool:

Ended up taking your advice and got rid of the key in the flywheel. Put it on with some loctite bearing retaining compound at 30° BTDC and I have a running saw! Just got done doing some cutting with it. Thanks for all the help along the way!!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ended up taking your advice and got rid of the key in the flywheel. Put it on with some loctite bearing retaining compound at 30° BTDC and I have a running saw! Just got done doing some cutting with it. Thanks for all the help along the way!!

Awesome! That's great to hear!

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been watching this thread for a while wondering if it was ever going to happen glad you got it running

Turner Saw

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been watching this thread for a while wondering if it was ever going to happen glad you got it running

Yeah, I had some other stuff come up since the first post so it went on the shelf for a little while but the thing bugging me so bad I had to get back on it. Just seeing it sitting there was frustrating!!

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always pass on the 510 models, last week I passed a nice
Dolmar PS-550, can't be bothered with something that parts
will not be easy to find, immaculate saw, 300.00 euro, no thanks.
Most people here seem to have heard the news about Makita packing in the gas saws, see them for sale a lot more now, owners getting rid of the trouble.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
parts for Makita/Dolmar are already few and far between. What a shame. Its going to be a while before battery tech can match fuel powered saws for commercial work.