Dallas Fundraiser

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Her clothes may say she rides horses, but her legs say it was just a photoshoot.

As someone who will probably never be able to afford full retirement, I can second this. I also don't expect to get too far past 65. When my body fails, its time to go.
I have no pension just been a working stiff all my life.
I will work till I die. Just wouldn’t work as much
61 now and shooting for 100. Will take it day by day after 100
Grade 12 but I am self employed and own lots of vintage toys

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I have an Adidas wind breaker light coat. I use it as a rain coat although I still get kinda wet. I got it for free years ago out of my neighbors camper he was cleaning out that sat for 5 yrs.
Why do u ask?
IMG_5144.jpeg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I had several customers in their early 90's coming in to buy a MS 171, 211 or 251 (easy start) because they wanted to keep cutting firewood, but it was getting too hard for them to start their bigger saws they used to use all the time. Then we had other customers in their 40s-60s pushing +350lbs riding around on the battery operated carts to do their shopping...big contrast.
We used to be a nation of fit citizens now some aren’t fit to be citizens.🤷🏼‍♂️

Hoser

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think/ hope it’s fine to go all the time as long as you keep going all the time. I’ve seen a lot of old farmers retire and have F/A to do and they go to sh*t pretty fast like dead in a year.
I do alot of labour/ hands on work and feel great but I’m also 26 so I’m still in the first leg of the race

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think/ hope it’s fine to go all the time as long as you keep going all the time. I’ve seen a lot of old farmers retire and have F/A to do and they go to sh*t pretty fast like dead in a year.
I do alot of labour/ hands on work and feel great but I’m also 26 so I’m still in the first leg of the race

To be 26 again body wise and know what I do now at almost 48. Arthritis both hips one fixed already 8 years ago when I tore it. Both shoulders will need repair soon and probably need carpal tunnel surgery soon. Working hard is fine and so is playing hard but maybe should have took it just a touch easier on myself.

They call me Mr. Kibbs

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be 26 again body wise and know what I do now at almost 48. Arthritis both hips one fixed already 8 years ago when I tore it. Both shoulders will need repair soon and probably need carpal tunnel surgery soon. Working hard is fine and so is playing hard but maybe should have took it just a touch easier on myself.
A few months shy of 60 here, still stay at it from daylight to dusk on the weekends firewooding, fencing, helping with livestock when needed etc.. Most days not too much hurts when doing it, next day might take a little time to get back into gear though. Lived alone a lot of years and always did everything alone, including additions on my house. One piece of advice for those still young enough to gain from it, and I'm paraphrasing my wife's grandfather, "never turn down help unless your eating" !

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Various adults schold me that I’ll have back issues and such someday due to the heavy lifting and moving/work I do. And I will admit I don’t use my back/leg ratio correctly. In the past week my back and neck pain has been worse than ever, not terrible, but not what it should be at my age.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Various adults schold me that I’ll have back issues and such someday due to the heavy lifting and moving/work I do. And I will admit I don’t use my back/leg ratio correctly. In the past week my back and neck pain has been worse than ever, not terrible, but not what it should be at my age.
It's scold

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is partly what has happened to @dall.
You can only go at 110% for so long. Eventually everything catches up and you’ll find yourself only able to do 10%.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is partly what has happened to @dall.
You can only go at 110% for so long. Eventually everything catches up and you’ll find yourself only able to do 10%.

True, but 10% is still infinitely better than 0%. Which is what so many people are hell-bent on getting to.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited: