High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

Boozer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nearly 4 tanks through her today...what a blast to run! Strong and fast.
Noodle city. Also learned a valuable lesson, starting (or trying to start) a
high compression saw in the 'off' position is a bad thing for your knuckles.

Not much time on Husqvarna saws...doh!

Attachments

• downsized_0509161637.jpg
    downsized_0509161637.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 16

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nearly 4 tanks through her today...what a blast to run! Strong and fast.
Noodle city. Also learned a valuable lesson, starting (or trying to start) a
high compression saw in the 'off' position is a bad thing for your knuckles.

Not much time on Husqvarna saws...doh!
Maybe that will convert you Marcello?
While I get converted to Stihl with Keith and Jasons saws.

Boozer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Deets saw made it there today I take it? I would love to give them all another go.
I will text you Dan and see what your schedule looks like, see how things line up
for me. Maybe try Keith's saws too, after you start them of course!

Edit: Running Matty's 385 again is a must as well, only cut 2/3 cookies but it
was strong and smooth. My 181 vibrates but I have minimal time on it.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems to me like the green filter saw did better on the right side of the log, and the red filter saw did better on the left side of the log??? So I don't know!

Why isn't the 661 in the mix also??? You should do timed cuts on a nice piece of Oak with the same B&C on all (3) saws!

Timing can make a saw hard to start just as fast as compression.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems to me like the green filter saw did better on the right side of the log, and the red filter saw did better on the left side of the log??? So I don't know!

Why isn't the 661 in the mix also??? You should do timed cuts on a nice piece of Oak with the same B&C on all (3) saws!

Timing can make a saw hard to start just as fast as compression.
661 went home

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
661 went home
It might be home later tonight, I've missed her.

Dan, I might be heading your way to pick up a CR80 later this week, if I do, I'll be PM'ing you and I'll throw the 2 saws in with me and my son. I'll switch to 3/8 and twist the screw in on each to give me 14,000 ............ I hope this all pans out

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got back from Doc Al's .
I can't believe how much stuff he had with him on the return trip.

@mels decided to gift my son some saws. I didn't even want to ask Doc if he would have room to bring any of them back, knowing that he was packed already and could only bring 2 of my 90cc saws up there.

I stopped by @drf255 late tonight to pick up my two saws, there he was, still in dress clothes, grabbing what seemed like a dozen saws, after I loaded the big two. I'm thinking that I've got just enough room and he calls out "wait ....... here's two more"
This guy didn't even have time to change clothes, he just got in and is getting a ton of dirty, oily, smelly saws together for me.

Mel and Doc, from the bottom of my heart, thank you both !!! You two Sirs have gone way out of your way to help me, and I appreciate the heck out of it !:worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:
Thank you gentlemen!!!

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got back from Doc Al's .
I can't believe how much stuff he had with him on the return trip.

@mels decided to gift my son some saws. I didn't even want to ask Doc if he would have room to bring any of them back, knowing that he was packed already and could only bring 2 of my 90cc saws up there.

I stopped by @drf255 late tonight to pick up my two saws, there he was, still in dress clothes, grabbing what seemed like a dozen saws, after I loaded the big two. I'm thinking that I've got just enough room and he calls out "wait ....... here's two more"
This guy didn't even have time to change clothes, he just got in and is getting a ton of dirty, oily, smelly saws together for me.

Mel and Doc, from the bottom of my heart, thank you both !!! You two Sirs have gone way out of your way to help me, and I appreciate the heck out of it !:worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:
Thank you gentlemen!!!
Al is definitely a good dude! Mels seems to be too but I haven't spoke much with him

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was just looking at my dyno results and I'm stoked!!! The 460 Al ported for me gave me 7 data points from 9,700 to 11,000 with a low of 7.952 Hp and a high of 8.383 Hp, and the Randy saw is right next to it!!!!

Even my unported 044 and MS440 produced unexpectedly high #s.

There were no disappointments, just some did better than others. I'm gonna have to enter ranges of #s for each saw into a spreadsheet and compute some averages.

More later, I'm stoked!

Is 7 data points a fair enough # to use to compute something like that? Seems to be in the RPM range to check.

Unfortunately, don't know any way to do it other than write the #s down and enter them.

I hear they did a couple of bone stock saws to establish a base line. Can they be posted, or are they on the dyno site? I'll look, my mind is goin 150 MPH right now!

I think everyone is going to be talking about HD-2 filters and dp muffler covers (Ha Ha Ha).