PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm like a kid in a Carvel Store waiting for the machine to spit out some ice cream! Hopefully I'll have the dyno results tonight! Still finding it hard to believe they were actually able to do it, GREAT STUFF!!!

Great weather today, will have to get started on my garden, this is the latest I have ever been with it! May has been much wetter & cooler than normal.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If things go as I plan I'll have web links for all saw builders to click and browse their graphs tonight -- each link will be unique and it will be up to the saw builder who you want to share with.

This way you can hover the mouse over any point and it will give you the number at that point (6.1 HP for example) with the RPM right there that it was recorded. I think on one of Jason's graphs my mouse happened to be sitting over the 9.2 HP point at 10500 RPM or something. You guys will be able to check all you want and then if you want to draw a line -- take a screen cap of the graph and load it in a drawing program (like MS paint on windows even!) and snap a line across the power band you think you are seeing to help envision. A curve would be better than a straight line -- if your drawing tool can do a spline by clicking a bunch of points, that would work. The inner artist can come out here! :)

I'll try to get all graphs available before my night is over -- I plan to generate the links so I should be able to do it pretty quick and them PM them around to the saw owners.
I'll also try to make links available to the CSV files if any of you want to download and try graphing with excel or some other graphing tool.

It would be cool if one could get excel to behave enough on the X axis to take the start and end point of a power band and have it do a 2nd order polynomial trend line (curve) and compare that to a moving average both of which do extra smoothing. Excel is a pain in my ass though... I really like the highcharts javascript based graphs how it handles the X axis not being in perfect order or having dupes. Plus with the javascript based graphs you get the satisfaction of clicking a button immediately after the run and the graph is right in your face :)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
283fcc12a62292487f2b8ceac9e75162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk