High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

CLEARCUT meets the 500i

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think I'd run a 562 and a 28" lightweight bar in that junk.

What are the stumps averaging - 17"?

A strong 562 with a 28" is a good time.

562 would be a good pick in that wood. 462 Stihl too. For as nasty as it looks it looks like you’re keeping a good lay, right on man.
Alright, alright. You guys are pretty convincing. I dug my 562 out of the ashes and did some cookie cuts behind the house. I’ll run it in there tomorrow. Sucker cuts good. I used to run it in stuff bigger than this. Might fall in love again with the Husky. Smoother than my 500 too by a bit.
Thanks by the way on the lead compliment. I’m trying to keep things in the right direction, lol.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It certainly would be. They bunched some other pieces here, but this one is kind of a downhill/side-hill piece, and it would be difficult to get the buncher in there. A bulletproof cab in this stuff would be a little better though. This stuff is small, but as you know, plenty capable of damaging a man. Gotta stay focused when cutting this especially.

I was honestly going to say it looks like a great place for a harvester then it’s said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright, alright. You guys are pretty convincing. I dug my 562 out of the ashes and did some cookie cuts behind the house. I’ll run it in there tomorrow. Sucker cuts good. I used to run it in stuff bigger than this. Might fall in love again with the Husky. Smoother than my 500 too by a bit.
Thanks by the way on the lead compliment. I’m trying to keep things in the right direction, lol.
A good professional has many “tools” in the “toolbox”... at least that’s what I tell myself as an excuse to keep more saws in the collection. Lol

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last edited:

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Infinitejest

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So the strap is to hold on the skeletal remain of the air filter cover, correct? To protect some important wiring, I’m assuming.

Yep. I don't want anything getting ahold of the wiring connected to the control module.
Kind of crude, but it'll suffice till I can ahold of a proper hole shot setup.

Infinitejest

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That one of those V stacks that tree sling'r posted before?

Not sure what Jasha posted, this is just a Uni filter that seals up nice to the oem intake.
We'll see, I've got about one more week off for breakup. I'll post an update after we're back up and running.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When is stihl going to come out with a full wrap for the 500i and 462c? I’m guessing someone in the aftermarket is going to have to make one.

Swanman62

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When is stihl going to come out with a full wrap for the 500i and 462c? I’m guessing someone in the aftermarket is going to have to make one.
Someone should get ahold of Rod Weber of Weber Customs in Kalispell. He makes real full wraps for some older models of Stihl. I think that if he had enough interest, he would get some new designs in production. He is a real craftsman and perfectionist. He has switched over to mostly building custom rifles, but he still has his chainsaw division on his website.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone should get ahold of Rod Weber of Weber Customs in Kalispell. He makes real full wraps for some older models of Stihl. I think that if he had enough interest, he would get some new designs in production. He is a real craftsman and perfectionist. He has switched over to mostly building custom rifles, but he still has his chainsaw division on his website.

Probably could call Pro Safety as well but I don’t think there’s enough call for one to warrant the R&D, personally I don’t want my hand that low on the clutch side like you can on a Husky.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably could call Pro Safety as well but I don’t think there’s enough call for one to warrant the R&D, personally I don’t want my hand that low on the clutch side like you can on a Husky.

Makes sense. I forgot the stihl west coast clutch covers aren’t as large and don’t sit as low as husky clutch cover. Maybe incorporate rubber flaps like @CLEARCUT did?

Infinitejest

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got fired back up today, real happy with the Uni filter setup.
Nothing got past it and it definitely added some snap to the throttle response.
It might be kind of a pain to clean on a camp job, but I think brushing it off with a tooth brush would get a guy through the week. Just have to treat it like a dirtbike filter on the weekend.

20210428_151258.jpg

20210428_151610.jpg

20210428_151559.jpg

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got fired back up today, real happy with the Uni filter setup.
Nothing got past it and it definitely added some snap to the throttle response.
It might be kind of a pain to clean on a camp job, but I think brushing it off with a tooth brush would get a guy through the week. Just have to treat it like a dirtbike filter on the weekend.
Have you ever tried putting a nylon stocking over your filter? I and another guy have been doing that and it works pretty good. Can just brush off a lot of the crud with a glove or a rag
View attachment 292902

View attachment 292903

View attachment 292904

Infinitejest

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That might be next...I was thinking of looking into what Outerwears has.
I don't really want to get to deep into this setup; It's just more of a stopgap measure until a proper max flow kit is available.