High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

CLEARCUT meets the 500i

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Have you guys been by Horner's? They don't stock a lot for Stihl but they've got a few things. I haven't been in Drain saw shop for a couple years now but the guy that bought it from Jack seems pretty good.
Horner’s is where these parts came from as far as I am aware. Madsen’s, Myrtle Creek, and any others you would think of having these parts don’t. But Horner’s does? Interesting how they have some parts for it.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Horner’s is where these parts came from as far as I am aware. Madsen’s, Myrtle Creek, and any others you would think of having these parts don’t. But Horner’s does? Interesting how they have some parts for it.

Did they do some testing with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Larry is good buddies with a couple of the old boys at Stihl Northwest - He seems to get the inside track on a lot of stuff. I remember seeing an MS-361 in his shop long before they
were introduced in North America.

He also had a set of jacks years ago that were powered by a weed eater engine and ran three rams - I should have gotten pictures. I'd never seen anything like them.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I get the clutch cover, but what’s going on with the wrap handle in front of the normal welded intersection ?

Thats OEM for the 500i ?
I don’t know...I should have looked at it a little closer. It was just a plastic piece bolted to it. He said that’s how it came. The handlebars have a slight bend to them similar to a Husky.
The custom clutch cover was made from a 461, 660, etc. clutch cover.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Larry is good buddies with a couple of the old boys at Stihl Northwest - He seems to get the inside track on a lot of stuff. I remember seeing an MS-361 in his shop long before they
were introduced in North America.

He also had a set of jacks years ago that were powered by a weed eater engine and ran three rams - I should have gotten pictures. I'd never seen anything like them.
Those jacks sound pretty cool.
He must have good connections, because he has a decent set of parts for it. I don’t know if anybody noticed, but the air filter cover is back to being orange...it had a run in with a tree and Horner’s happened to have an air filter cover for it.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you advance the flywheel? I seem to remember reading that @AlfA01 said that it was detrimental in performance to the 500i to advance the flywheel.

The 500i uses a crank trigger. messing with the position of the flywheel means nothing to the engine,

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you advance the flywheel? I seem to remember reading that @AlfA01 said that it was detrimental in performance to the 500i to advance the flywheel.
Yes the timing is advanced. It is not detrimental to performance. What I noticed is it would be blubbering rich at the factory setting at WOT and with the timing advanced it would still be rich but hit the revlimitter hard and consistently instead of hitting for a split second then start 4 stroking bad. When you were cutting smaller trees back baring you would have to push extremely hard to get it to clear up in the cut which made the av absolutely horrible.