High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Chain Build off RD #3 on CRS

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So far only 1 new guy from this thread entered. All the rest already been in rd 1 and rd 2.
Was hoping we would get some new blood from these filers. Just never know who the diamond in the rough is.
I thought a good while about entering and giving it a shot, but I don't currently have a bar/chain combo that uses the type for entry. It's just not in the funds this time for me to give it a whirl. Hope to give it a shot next time though.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I thought a good while about entering and giving it a shot, but I don't currently have a bar/chain combo that uses the type for entry. It's just not in the funds this time for me to give it a whirl. Hope to give it a shot next time though.

I never tested aka ran any of my chains in Rd 1 Rd 2. Just filed and hoped they cut.

Wont test any for this round 3 either, file and hope.

Feel free to file grind whatever and enter one.

We did PS 3/8LP already. This one is 325. Full 3/8 been done to death in past by us all. So dont know if I'll do more or not.

Was thinking 12x12 and ported 066 though for times though. ;)

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never tested aka ran any of my chains in Rd 1 Rd 2. Just filed and hoped they cut.

Feel free to file grind whatever and enter one.

We did PS 3/8LP already. This one is 325. Full 3/8 been done to death in past by us all. So dont know if I'll do more or not.

Was thinking 12x12 and ported 066 though for times. ;)

.404 next ?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol...

Who ya gettin your stuff from?
Nixa Hardware? or local guy?

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loftis or Larson. Nixa hardware has been great to deal with. But I'm hardly ever that direction. There's supposed to be a new husky shop opening in Nixa. Don't know if it is yet.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, we get through .325 and then #4 ought to be .404, the last few posts confirm it for sure

I ordered the quick change tool holder today, should be able to grab a couple of 66 dl .325 RS loops next week

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, pm me your address and I will send you a loop after I get them

I don't have anything in .325 either, so a few of us will be just filing without any testing

We want you in this !!

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Steve, pm me your address and I will send you a loop after I get them

I don't have anything in .325 either, so a few of us will be just filing without any testing

We want you in this !!
Thank you for the very generous offer. I went ahead and ordered a couple loops of K1L just a little bit ago. Count me in.

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So far only 1 new guy from this thread entered. All the rest already been in rd 1 and rd 2.
Was hoping we would get some new blood from these filers. Just never know who the diamond in the rough is.

You might watch out. I just delivers some test logs over at the diamond in the rough's house this week. He's throwing 4" long noodles lookin'chips from his cross cut test logs. Seems he has some different ideas on what makes a chain cut.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You might watch out. I just delivers some test logs over at the diamond in the rough's house this week. He's throwing 4" long noodles lookin'chips from his cross cut test logs. Seems he has some different ideas on what makes a chain cut.

If his chains cut as well as his organization and attention to detail. :eek:

We are all in trouble. :beer-toast1:

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Chips after the PS round 1 build off.

The stand sets on solid concrete blocks 4" high.

chainbuildoffvideos2015dec 031.JPG chainbuildoffvideos2015dec 030.JPG

Last edited: