Brushcutter

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yall jinx me!! The yellowjackets tore me up this morning!!! Lol!! They were stuck to me head to toe! I was running with the brushcutter but unclipped it and dropped it and was still running and stripping!!!!

you don't deserve that clearing saw after that..... I'll pm you my address. LOL:zplayita:

seriously I hate a yella jacket nest.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
kids got in to em last summer. my son, and my niece and nephew were playing around a holler apple tree at my grannys. lit em up pretty good.

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My experience with stihl 130 or 460 as brushcutters: way too heavy, suitable only for movement like a scythe. Some of us use such tools for hours on end clearing all manner of brush, and find ancient 21 cc Echo, or recent 27 cc Tanaka or 25 cc Husqvarna machine much preferable. On irregular terrain, taking tangles down in "layers" we need to cut high/low. Preferred blades: 3-lobe (10" or Husqvarna 12" beast), 20/40 tooth carbide 10", or 9" chainsaw-cutter blades. Each has its place, from weedier to woodier. (The 12" Husqy blade blasts right through 1.5" privet.)

We use harnesses on the machines we use. Even the harnesses are light. There are a couple stihl machines available, in SW CT. Make an offer- the 130's going first.

Amazon is a good place to shop for blades. Right now check http://www.forestershop.com/chainsaw-tooth-blade-9-dia-20mm-1-w-bushing-cut-9.html for $15 9" chainsaw-cutter blades. You really don't need much power to run one, and better be prepared for a shower of chips. Pretty easy to sharpen anywhere with 3/16" file.

Yer still gonna discover some wasp-nests, at least I know I am. It's fun to puree them with a blade.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:mad:Beware that they will be still around even after a frost , as soon as a warm spell comes they'll be active again till the first snows pretty much come and it's constant cold .
I hate them too :ambulance:

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:mad:Beware that they will be still around even after a frost , as soon as a warm spell comes they'll be active again till the first snows pretty much come and it's constant cold .
I hate them too :ambulance:
I walked out on back deck this morning and could see the same swarm that hit me swarming around