High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Brushcutter

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
6:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This is it. I get these small packs as needed and try to keep it out of the sun.
003.jpg

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Soak your line in a pail of water to keep it fresh and flexable so it doesn't break .

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can just leave it , that won't hurt it just change the water once in a while during the time you're using it but a good 24 hour soak is fine .
Have it totally submerged , I know it sounds dumb but it definately keeps the line from breaking as easy .

And just water Keith , don't try different oils, beer or bourbon added to it ! :razz:

Reedo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I do it when I notice it's not as flexible feeling. Kinda like when you can tell the difference between new monofilament fishing line and old line if that makes sense.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
go find you a power equipment dealer who supplies/handles oregon products and tell him you want a spool of .158 oregon flexiblade you will thank me later it can cut saplings and shrubs from 3/4 to 1 inch thick. but keep it away from vinyl siding and concrete it is some mean stuff and will cut stuff regular line has trouble with including crab grass.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
go find you a power equipment dealer who supplies/handles oregon products and tell him you want a spool of .158 oregon flexiblade you will thank me later it can cut saplings and shrubs from 3/4 to 1 inch thick. but keep it away from vinyl siding and concrete it is some mean stuff and will cut stuff regular line has trouble with including crab grass.
Think Ill get some .155 Shakespeare Ugly today at Lowes and give it a ride

stihl saws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does it have a wire core or what? Do you have to wear kevlar to run it?

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the style blade that works best for clearing trees. Also NEVER use regular circular saw blades as they are not meant for the rpm and abuse these clearing saws give out. They will shatter and you can get shrapnel everywhere View attachment 31543
I wish that my blade still looked like that. It is almost filed away from so much use. I have a lot of respect for my FS 85 with this type of blade on it. It has cut almost 2 miles of trail through alder and young poplar brush and never has given a hint of fail. Just rev it up and swing through any tree or brush up to 3". Clearing the brush that was just cut while harnessed in a trimmer is another matter though!

stihl saws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That thing is awesome. My big question is, how fast can you drop it from the harness and run if you hit a bees nest?

Yall jinx me!! The yellowjackets tore me up this morning!!! Lol!! They were stuck to me head to toe! I was running with the brushcutter but unclipped it and dropped it and was still running and stripping!!!!
I tried to tell you. Sometimes you just have to drop it. Lol. I've been into four nests this summer.

Reedo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen about a month ago. I ran down the hill without unhooking the brush cutter. I was lucky and only got nailed twice.