Bothering neighbors

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on the neighborhood; when in doubt, ask. Around here, the neighbors have excavators, skidders, backhoes, tractors, skid steers, commercial mowers, and firewood processors as well as chainsaws; it's 7am until after dark when there's work to be done. No equipment operating on Sundays. The exception is my cousin across the street, whose friends come over occasionally to run piped motocross bikes in his field. They're loud enough to shake the leaves off the trees and everyone gets pretty much fed up when that happens. LOL For a while, his son was trying out his shiny new AR-15 on other side of the hill, and that was not reassuring. Took care of the beaver problem, though...

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of my neighbors have 5+acres so noone really close. My backyard neighbor is a State Trooper so once in a while he'll target practice. One neighbor likes guns and saws, but when he shoots his muzzleloader the windows rattle. I live in the woods so plenty of saws and rifle fire, but nobody does it before 8 week days and 9 on weekends. Usually by 7pm it is quiet. Nobody complains. Then again @dall is a state away...good thing...lol

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of my neighbors have 5+acres so noone really close. My backyard neighbor is a State Trooper so once in a while he'll target practice. One neighbor likes guns and saws, but when he shoots his muzzleloader the windows rattle. I live in the woods so plenty of saws and rifle fire, but nobody does it before 8 week days and 9 on weekends. Usually by 7pm it is quiet. Nobody complains. Then again @dall is a state away...good thing...lol
neighbor across the road has 4 bigger dogs and they bark at damn near everything

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
neighbor across the road has 4 bigger dogs and they bark at damn near everything
Yeah, had a neighbor 2 doors up that had 4 Jack Russells' that would bark st everything. Kept em outside. So you'd hear barking at all hours of the night because they were barking at the deer. Well, I guess he and the neighbor got into it one day and when he came home one afternoon one of his JR's had been shot. The neighbor that supposedly did it moved shortly thereafter, but you don't hear a peep after 7 anymore.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The old A-hole down the road likes to stand in the road while alternating holding his hands over his ears and making a go away gesture as I ride past his house on my way to work at 7:25.
It takes me about 6 seconds to go past his property.
Yet he will run his 1970 junk farm equipment with no muffler for 8 hours a day.

Jscb1b

Mister Slapnut
Local time
2:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The town I lived in years ago did trunk or treat for Halloween. Running around with an 066 with a 32" bar and no chain was NOT the smartest thing I've ever done.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, had a neighbor 2 doors up that had 4 Jack Russells' that would bark st everything. Kept em outside. So you'd hear barking at all hours of the night because they were barking at the deer. Well, I guess he and the neighbor got into it one day and when he came home one afternoon one of his JR's had been shot. The neighbor that supposedly did it moved shortly thereafter, but you don't hear a peep after 7 anymore.
I’d probably just beat the neighbor that shot my dog
The old A-hole down the road likes to stand in the road while alternating holding his hands over his ears and making a go away gesture as I ride past his house on my way to work at 7:25.
Pictures of the 1970 junk farm equipment
The town I lived in years ago did trunk or treat for Halloween. Running around with an 066 with a 32" bar and no chain was NOT the smartest thing I've ever done.
Did you need a chain?

aeolian

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to run my chainsaw always after 9-10 am.Never had a neighbor come and make complaints.It was just me that at some point thought that this started to go off limits .
It is not illegal of forbidden ,but that does not make it ethical ( it goes vice versa also ) .For a moment I put myself to the shoes of a possible stringy neighbor.I was annoyed by the noise because I wad reading ,because I lost a close friend or relative ,because this ,because that .
Maybe I overthought it ,who knows better to judge accordingly and based on what level of ethics ?

Next day ,I asked a friend if he had any experience with electric saws ,so if it is worthy to buy one.

He replied that actually his first "contact" with a chainsaw whatsoever was with his dads electric saw ,about 30 years ago when he was just 14 years old.
He said also that he was sure he had store it somewhere .

Next day ,he calls me and said to
go by his house.He had searched for the saw and actually found it .
It's mine if I want it for free.

Needed a new oil pump and chain.
Works like a charm ( same power output but half the chain speed vs my gas chainsaw ,but the electric does have an unearthly torque for its power.No matter how I lean it ,
it will keep going and going .Not a slight sign of stalling .)

Very pleased with it .
The firewood gets cut
and my mind gets peace.

Never ever had thought that I will be using an electric chainsaw.
But turns out that every tool has its place .

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I lived in town and offspring were small= electric plug in got the work done without getting mama on my back. Where I am now the coops come in with big combines and run 24 seven. its like an episode from xflies or similar. So spining up the saws is not a concern.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have smuggler pipes like @41FanForLife does?

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m probably one of more quiet neighbors on my road. I’ll run stuff before 7 but I’m a farmer so I gotta do what I gotta do. We do try to not do hay next to the church on Sundays, but if rain’s coming that changes to after church let’s out.

It’s funny, ever since PA legalized the good fireworks every 4th of July has turned my hills into Mogadishu. Sometimes until after midnight. My hounds hate it but it’s not so often that I’m gonna go write the paper.

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the Sun is up and it ain't Sunday, have at it (10am for the Lord). People being offended when someone is doing nothing illegal is *their* problem, not yours.