High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Block wall joint leaks water

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Does that boiler take up the entire room? If you have the floor space, maybe just put a sump in, next to the wall, and run a small pump.
Nah, no room for a sump. The room is 6x8 inside and it would be way over kill for the amount of water. Its not flowing water from the joint but enough to wet the floor in a really hard rain. Btw, it's coming from the vertical joint not up through the floor. I'd rather correct the source than fix the symptoms. Sealing the joint just might eliminate it all together. I'm going to try the hydraulic cement first. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah, no room for a sump. The rookm is 6x8 inside and it would be way over kill for the amount of water. Its not flowing water from the joint but enough to wet the floor in a really hard rain. I'd rather correct the source than fix the symptoms. I'm going to try the hydraulic cement first.

Correcting the source is digging out behind the wall and putting in some sort of drain. ;)

How much water do you get if it rains 2"?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a 10# pail of Stop-leak hydraulic cement. Knocked out the grout in the joint and opened up the gap some with the cutting wheel. Got it all sealed up last night.

That stuff is no joke. It said it sets in 3 minutes and they aren't kidding. It goes from soup to set up in about half that time. I wasted about 1/2 the pail lol.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
12:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 10# pail of Stop-leak hydraulic cement. Knocked out the grout in the joint and opened up the gap some with the cutting wheel. Got it all sealed up last night.

That stuff is no joke. It said it sets in 3 minutes and they aren't kidding. It goes from soup to set up in about half that time. I wasted about 1/2 the pail lol.
I had a 1000 gallon cement septic tank for water storage years ago ,put a hole in the side with a 1 inch pipe coming out ,used the same stuff to seal the pipe to the concrete ,never leaked water ,the stuff expands a little as it hardens .

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 1000 gallon cement septic tank for water storage years ago ,put a hole in the side with a 1 inch pipe coming out ,used the same stuff to seal the pipe to the concrete ,never leaked water ,the stuff expands a little as it hardens .

1 Owner, Low Flushes?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Should've mentioned that... I just mix up about a baseball sized wad at a time.
Yeah I read the directions, 3:1 powder to water mix, mix for 1 minute, sets in 3...

First batch was about 6 cups of mix. :eek:
By the third batch i switched to using a fruit cup lol.

I should have stole some cake icing bags from my wife to squirt it in there.