Help with K760 saw

jpcjguy

New OPE Member
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes but I did hear a click in the video when you were doing the up/down test. Was that from something else? The twisty test you did shows that there is a fair amount of wear to the bearing but it would work if there was no up/down play. For the limited use that you mentioned you had for this saw, a piston/rings/cylinder/piston bearing replacement should get it working for your needs.
Hmmm - I will check again. I guess I should take the piston off and just do up/down movement from the rod itself - take the piston out of the possibility for play/noise....

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm - I will check again. I guess I should take the piston off and just do up/down movement from the rod itself - take the piston out of the possibility for play/noise....
If you have no up and down movement on that bearing, no missing pieces, tight and smooth. Run it.

jpcjguy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took the piston off and cleaned it up in the parts washer. Can definitely see some scoring on the sides - top cleaned up nicely :)

Video of connecting rod play: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HJVdR1cDfZhMwuA66
Quality is not as good - not sure what happened. But I don't hear a click when going up and down - feels tight.
So considering the cylinder has some nice color differences - plating gone as someone suggested earlier - a new top end kit should get me back in action. Again - not for the saw to last forever, but at least my job and the next one! (someone elses!)

Attachments

• piston removed top.jpg
    piston removed top.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4
  • piston removed.jpg
    piston removed.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4
  • piston removed2.jpg
    piston removed2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple things .It might be assumed this model resembles the Partner K760 I'm not certain .I have the Partner IPL but not the Husqvarna .If it were mine I'd clean the cylinder with 3M greenies and take a closer look at things .If it isn't all gobbled up just rering it and run it .If you subscribe to the 50 to one oil/gasoline ratio that seems to be popular use it but if you want it to last a tad bit longer you might try 32 to one .Then again 130 PSI static pressure will run it .If I'm correct that thing is 74 cc's and about 5 HP .So it's not a hot rod but it will still spin an
abrasive blade or a concrete blade well enough .Who knows if you don't tune it lean or straight gas it you might not ever wear it out .

jpcjguy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks - I ended up ordering the $79 kit from HL Supply - Warhawk brand. Figure I need new air filters, plug, gaskets (definitely muffler) so I got in all in one package. Easier than shopping around. We will see how it ends up!
Keeps me just at $200 for the saw - and I can still sell the 16" Hilti blade he gave me for a little $$ to take my total cost down. :)

jpcjguy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the kit and installed it. Those little piston clips are a real PITA to get in! Shot one across the garage and used one of the old ones...
Fired up nicely! A little stumble if you hit the throttle hard from idle - assume I need to go back into the carb....but otherwise working well!
Thanks for all the information and feedback! So now I have a concrete saw for just under $200 with a brand new top end!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The average person would not use a concrete /rail saw that often including myself .If you used a good oil mix and a clean air filter you might not ever wear it out .I do some stone work every so often and only had an electric cross cut saw with abrasive blade which was slow as a snail and I bought a lot of blades for each task .These two 73 CC Makita's certainly have been a lot more simple than previously .