Best Radiator Stop Leaks

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can solder an old copper radiator but it takes some practice if you've never done it .Pressure wash all the crude off it .Uses a soft wire brush around the leak and acid flux with 50/50 solder .An acetylene turbo torch works good but a propane bernz o matic type work will work if that's all you have .Just watch you don't get it so hot you pop a seam .Old truck and tractor radiators you'll be doing it quite often .Damned things are old as the hills .40 years of hard water does a number on that copper .
Fact when I changed the radiators on both Georgia's Envoy and my Jeep CJ 5 vintage 1960's I used distilled water with the anti freeze .At 89 cents a gallon it's worth not having an acid condition to get started .

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The raw egg trick works pretty good, but does have its limits. I had a buddie when we was 16 had a dodge Dakota with a leaky radiator he would put probably a dozen eggs in ever other week, but he also drove the dog snot out of that thing. His theory was it has a rev-limiter for a reason and he used it.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The egg deal might work on an old tractor with a low pressure cap and 6-8 gallons of coolant .How well it would work on a high pressure system might not be so good .

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
K Seal works very well and is antifreeze compatible. No clogging the heater cores. Dark blue bottle with orange/white lettering.