Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the guys videos!

That been said: if You are BURNING B&C oil off Your bar merely bucking not too large OD logs maybe You shouldn't run a chainsaw?!

But heck, WTF do I know!
I am still running my factory supplied laminate bar that came with my PS-6400 that I purchased new 2006.

Arguing about B&C oil is futile same as arguing about 2-stroke oil.
Just use what You believe works best for You & Your application.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JJ told me every time he spanks the monkey he digs out his too fast for love CD and listens to the first 10 seconds of Live Wire on repeat and goes to town.
That’s pretty detailed. Just spitballin’ but….You guys are maybe getting a little too comfortable around each other??

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
A lot of guys are running straight Canola oil.

Any more I find the most important thing with bar oil is how easy it cleans up. Worst I’ve seen is part hydrogenated vegetable oil. It burns into the metal parts of the saw and is damn near impossible to scrub off. We’ve also spilled oil on driveways and flagstones more times than I want to admit. There’s a big difference in how much of a mark different brands leave after scrubbing with degreaser. I should make my own video…
I used this stuff all last season after being required to use it on an enviro sensitive job. It’s water soluble and easy clean up. Some of the tackiest shít I’ve ever run through a saw.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used this stuff all last season after being required to use it on an enviro sensitive job. It’s water soluble and easy clean up. Some of the tackiest shít I’ve ever run through a saw.

That looks like a good deal for a non-petroleum product.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s not cold
Saws are in use here well below 10* here. Try it at -40
I agree with you, and also use saws below zero here. I was simply responding with the information provided by the test to the person who questioned it.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Interesting.

How long does it last once mixed? Have to reshake and let set after prolonged periods? Any issue refilling old jugs of bar oil with this stuff?

Considering I just paid $62 for a case of Husqy bar-oil......

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Interesting.

How long does it last once mixed? Have to reshake and let set after prolonged periods? Any issue refilling old jugs of bar oil with this stuff?

Considering I just paid $62 for a case of Husqy bar-oil......
So far it’s performed just like any other bar oil. When I poured it into my saws there was naturally some left over conventional bar oil left in them. I noticed it didn’t mix with that the first time but seemed to be only this stuff left in the tank thereafter. I do notice some color gradient in jugs that have sat but a couple shakes seems to bring it back to a uniform color. On that note though it looks like yeet in the tank:IMG_3277.jpeg
I really feel like the guy should lean into it though and rename the stuff “BarJizz”

What I like best about this stuff vs. canola:

-It’s light years easier to clean off the saws
-It doesn’t aerosolize off the bar like canola

That fine mist I would always see in the air when running canola in my climbing saws always bugged me. There’s no way I’m not breathing that in, and I can’t imagine that it’s good for my lungs. This stuff still slings off the end of the bar some but it’s in clumps like really good tacky bar oil should be.

So far the stuff hasn’t frozen. Only been down into the 20s overnight so really hasn’t been cold here though.

I saw the dude at TCIA conference a couple years ago. He sucks the stuff up out of a beaker with a syringe in one continuous shot. I think there’s a video on his website.