PAST Any interest in a NC GTG?

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the invite, I’ll have to see what the ‘Boss’ has planned for this weekend.

I will know by Friday evening if they are interested in letting us use the field. If I know this crowd they would be up for it just for the amusement factor.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will know by Friday evening if they are interested in letting us use the field. If I know this crowd they would be up for it just for the amusement factor.

I can see it now: a bunch of RC nerds making fun of chainsaw nerds and vise versa! Hahahaha I give it 20 minutes before they are knocking heads together trying to figure out a chainsaw on a RC helo or drone.

You want to try my chainsaw? (RC guy stuffs bar in the dirt)
You want to try my RC helo? (Chainsaw guy crashes it into a the pop-up shelter)

I’m just playing. This seems like alot of fun.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may know a place, near Knightdale, it’s an RC club. I’m going to an event there this weekend and will check with the club officers. It handles 30 pilots plus friends easily. We have generators for power, a covered shelter with work benches.

Our normal crowd is fairly rowdy, there isn’t anyone around to annoy.

I don’t know anything about putting something like this on but I bet there are folks already on this thread who could help out there.

Stay tuned I’ll get back after the event.

@usmcbuckwild if you want to pop up and check it out we are having a heli event there this weekend.

View attachment 159811
Knightdale is 10 mins away...

You fly every weekend? Where is this strip?

stinkbait

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want in on the GTG. Planned on going to Zach's, but rain moved the date and I couldn't make it.

Last edited:

stinkbait

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's your story...tell it how you want buddy. I heard it another way...
I had to be in henrico, va for the first robotics competition. I'm the lead team mentor for our high school team. If you've never heard of FRC then you will be amazed by a simple Google search.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to be in henrico, va for the first robotics competition. I'm the lead team mentor for our high school team. If you've never heard of FRC then you will be amazed by a simple Google search.

I thought you were away from all that at this point.

I need to call you, was expecting to see you at Zach's. Have a few questions to ask pertaining to work.

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I posted earlier but the. We found out we were losing our field, well not until the end of the year.

@Jimmy in NC we are going to be out there doing some field cleanup prior to an event tomorrow from about 11 until 2 or 3.

If you want to swing by and see if you think it might be ok for a gtg it’s on 3 sisters road, you come off of 64 business onto 3 sisters go around the bend to the right and then you will pass storage lots for rvs and trailers, look for the sign for RCHO flying field on the right, turn in up the ramp and then stay to the left and follow the “road” ( path) until you get to the field.

The field backs up to the runway for East Raleigh Airport..

I’ll have my ported 261, and 572XP with me but I’m not sure how much wood will be there.

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I posted earlier but the. We found out we were losing our field, well not until the end of the year.

@Jimmy in NC we are going to be out there doing some field cleanup prior to an event tomorrow from about 11 until 2 or 3.

If you want to swing by and see if you think it might be ok for a gtg it’s on 3 sisters road, you come off of 64 business onto 3 sisters go around the bend to the right and then you will pass storage lots for rvs and trailers, look for the sign for RCHO flying field on the right, turn in up the ramp and then stay to the left and follow the “road” ( path) until you get to the field.

The field backs up to the runway for East Raleigh Airport..

I’ll have my ported 261, and 572XP with me but I’m not sure how much wood will be there.

You know they store explosives at the end of Three Sisters right?

Ill see if I can get by there.

stinkbait

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have overlooked it, but have yall picked a date for the gtg?

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be interested in coming. I haven't been on here much lately only rebuilt 2 saws for other people in the past year haven't touched any of mine since last year's heritage festival. I got into long range shooting and reloading ammo been busy playing with that. Would love to run some saws. Just texted dean to see if the power saw demo was on for the heritage festival so I will probably see a few of you there.

BGE541

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would be interested in coming. I haven't been on here much lately only rebuilt 2 saws for other people in the past year haven't touched any of mine since last year's heritage festival. I got into long range shooting and reloading ammo been busy playing with that. Would love to run some saws. Just texted dean to see if the power saw demo was on for the heritage festival so I will probably see a few of you there.

Where you located? Haven’t gotten the long rifles out since I got here... need to.

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

@JT78

I'm in Mebane, have a private 250yd rifle range. Steel at 100, 200 & 250.
Let's shoot some groups.