Any Chinese chainsaw and chinese parts discussion

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought the Huztle 372XT's is assuming they are using the same top end that they sell on their site, how good is it? Any of you fellas try them out? What kind of squish do you see out of the box?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Termitebuffet
Ran 20190730_163454.jpg abnormal with a 8 pin
New tsumura and lgx skip
20190730_164554.jpg
The normal seems to have a bit more torque
The abnormal has more topend
It feels like.
Only have 24" to run and the normal had handfiled full comp chain
Have to watch it on -20" inch tree's as fast as these cut it's easy to blow through the hinge.
Strongest 372s I've run
Bit thirsty lol

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Termitebuffet
Ran View attachment 193024 abnormal with a 8 pin
New tsumura and lgx skip
View attachment 193025
The normal seems to have a bit more torque
The abnormal has more topend
It feels like.
Only have 24" to run and the normal had handfiled full comp chain
Have to watch it on -20" inch tree's as fast as these cut it's easy to blow through the hinge.
Strongest 372s I've run
Bit thirsty lol
Thanks for the feedback ....I'm glad you're enjoying them...

Sent from a potato

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@DefinitiveDave
Any experience with the xt aftermarket cylinder kits?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soon a power head will arrive, I'm kinda curious as to why...why would they make the XT when they could really double down and nail a OE with a 52mm top end if they wanted too

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soon a power head will arrive, I'm kinda curious as to why...why would they make the XT when they could really double down and nail a OE with a 52mm top end if they wanted too
Same here with everything they could've cloned
They went with the xt
Easy i guess with what they already produce.
I do like the xt carb for my oe saws
hopefully they are actually a xt clone.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah, does that mean they have an xt carb and intake for cheap on their site?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a short block 365 Christmas special 50.00
It came with a bb kit and
A single ring 52mm piston
Odd since they don't sell single ring 372 pistons
That I've seen.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cutting dead tree's with one of the pop up 272 piston saws.20190801_192654.jpgafter a handfile the china upstart has done great

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I recall, you also had a modded Zama 'twin jet' carb. Which one do you prefer to use, the XT carb or the modded Zama? - and why?
Need to run them side by side
Haven't got a xt carb saw now.
I've got everything to build one
When i get time.
Been cutting a lot lately.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
XT power head from Farmertec has arrived...but quickly got "benched" for a week or so...a JonCutter g5800 arrived as well. Looked at the g5800 and...its an "uh oh" saw, looks to be perfect to hack. :) Vertical split cases, not a clam shell. $110 bucks. Cylinder comes off as it should...decent plastic. Light weight. Has a goofy spring assisted pull start. Did I mention metal cases?? Split as they should? Simple like the old saws from the 1980's/90's no goofy strato crap. $108 to your door??I may be getting ahead of myself...but this looks like fun to me. Lighter than even the 372's and 60cc class....wonder what it was derived from? And would the OEM cylinder fit from what ever it was?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the big question to me will be answered when I pull the cylinder...open or close port, room to add x-sectional area? AND can I mod the intake to let this thing rev. Next month we will know if someone hasn't already gone there. I think one of the channel subscribers has already....at least that was implied by one of the messages. :) If not I will as it look like an easy saw to work on. Think of it as a $108 dollar "easel", no risk to try your hand at two stroke theory. Cheaper than a kit and already assembled.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the big question to me will be answered when I pull the cylinder...open or close port, room to add x-sectional area? AND can I mod the intake to let this thing rev. Next month we will know if someone hasn't already gone there. I think one of the channel subscribers has already....at least that was implied by one of the messages. :) If not I will as it look like an easy saw to work on. Think of it as a $108 dollar "easel", no risk to try your hand at two stroke theory. Cheaper than a kit and already assembled.
Does it look like this
20170131_152759-jpg.53202

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
XT power head from Farmertec has arrived...but quickly got "benched" for a week or so...a JonCutter g5800 arrived as well. Looked at the g5800 and...its an "uh oh" saw, looks to be perfect to hack. :) Vertical split cases, not a clam shell. $110 bucks. Cylinder comes off as it should...decent plastic. Light weight. Has a goofy spring assisted pull start. Did I mention metal cases?? Split as they should? Simple like the old saws from the 1980's/90's no goofy strato crap. $108 to your door??I may be getting ahead of myself...but this looks like fun to me. Lighter than even the 372's and 60cc class....wonder what it was derived from? And would the OEM cylinder fit from what ever it was?
Take a pic with the topcover when you get a chance
I'm curious about the intake.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The John cutter saws are just over priced eBay saws. It's a redmax copy, they're great saws, dead reliable. They really scream once you put a bigger intake tube on it and a 372 carb and the high top air filter from aliexpress. I've done a few jugs already and they're all over the place, dual port 52cc ones you don't really have to touch the transfers, quad port ones are way stronger but I had to take like 1/4 from the top of the transfers on the one I ported. And the 58cc quad port jug on the 52cc bottom end unported actually run decent about equal to a ported dual port.

Hutzl told me they weren't planning to carry xt parts, but they would ask engineering if it was possible. So it sounds like to build the best saw now, buy an xt saw, XP jug and intake boot.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about parts??????????

The 2000 pound elephant in the room with these Joncutter saws is what are you supposed to do for parts for these things? There are no parts on the Huztl site that I can find, and unlike the Husky and Stihl clone saws, there are no OEM parts that can be used. What do you do if you need simple parts like a recoil spring, choke lever, air filter, fuel line, etc.

Even if these are faithful copies of pre-strato Red Max saws, there is little to no parts left for them. None are being produced. Unless an existing Red Max distributor has old stock in inventory, there's nothing to be had.

Fair to say that with the clones, there are plenty of OEM and AM parts for guys to choose from. And how many guys who are into the clones haven't needed parts at some point? Either for replacement or to upgrade an existing part that wasn't up to snuff. It's one thing to not be able to get parts for older saws, but why should anyone have to deal with that on a new saw?