OnlyStihl

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 434482
I have the same as this,, fixed leads,, it was a promotion bout 1980,, the newer model had removable leads
Dam its been a good welder,,

Seems that about everybody made these transformer welders back in the 70s, 80s and before. I remember going to Montgomery Wards as a kid for new school clothes. They were a Sears clone back then, and I see that they once made these same welders too.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the old Lincoln "tombstones "were copper wound .I also think I saw one with plug ins some time ago .Copper or alminum wound they sold a zillion of them .What I've never personally seen is an AC/DC Tombstone .
I collect and restore chainsaws but I do not welders .Yet just like stray cats they follow me home .However some times a deal comes along too good to pass up.Like a lincoln SA 200 ,which is considerd a classic with a Hobart Main Line special 250 amp .A Korean war era Signal Corps generater and 6 8,000 pound trailer axles with brakes for $600 . So goes the life of a junk yard dawg .

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you say so...

Removing the casing/shell and unbolting the leads from within, is not "removeable" in my book.
Why in the hell would you do that? :confundio1:

I guess you have never done any wiring. It is a simple plug.

Cut the wire where in the blue outlined area and install a set of plugs on each.

It is not rocket science.

Tombestone 4.jpgconnector 2.jpg