8+ acres

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my neighbors are looking at a place that has 8+ acres but not all is mowable. What is a good quality zero turn mower to handle this type of land. There are some small hills but nothing out of the ordinary. The current owners now it with a 54” zero turn but he is thinking a 72” would be nicer. Thank you for the help

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I mow right at eight acres with a husqvarna M ZT 61 I had a keys-yazoo before that that was also 61” cut. The husqvarna is the entry commercial one. The old keys- yazoo was one tough zero turn, you could run over small saplingsand it would not stop. The husqvarna does good but clumps in tall grass/ clover.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am a fan of the 52/54 inch deck size. Less scalping, still get a lot done. Fits in many areas and on trailers. I would look at a gravely HD, or pro turn , husqvarna mz. They have a great deal going right now on the mz 61 with a 5 year comercial warranty and rops for 5000. The mzt or pzt are built even heavier but do cost more.
I cut about 6 acres a week with a 52" gravely HD between my place and two side job yards. Total mow time is about 4 hrs
Keep us posted on what you get and how it does. 8 acres is a lot to keep up on.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After looking at the satellite pictures it’s not 8 mowable acres. Still I’m going to say at least half of it is.