572xp Bogs out when it gets hot

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally get that Randy. But wondering in the case of an intermittent bad coil and logging that as the cause at each time it occurred ... Pretty powerful way to know exactly what's wrong.

Wondering if with mtronic or autotune -- we know the autotune you can read that with computer from the log. Wonder if you can read from a log in mtronic when the coil went wonky briefly... I'm guessing in either case you have to plug in computer to find out assuming mtronic has a similar log.

Certainly mtronic has an advantage being able to reset externally but for this particular problem I'm not sure either system has an advantage in helping diagnose an intermittent coil.

Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't hold your breath men.

Looking at Stihl VS Husqvarna on this AT - MT thing. I can reset a Stihl using nothing more than the control lever. If it needs a solenoid, I swap it...do a reset....back in the woods it goes.

On a Husqvarna, it has to go back to a dealer and be hooked up to a computer. I have that interface, but can't get the updates.

So.....I prefer to sell the saws I can deal with more simply.

I don’t understand how someone a lot smarter then us hasn’t hacked this system the same way people create tunes for cars and such.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t understand how someone a lot smarter then us hasn’t hacked this system the same way people create tunes for cars and such.
The guys on street outlaws have systems where the vendor expects customer to plug in and tune.

Husky and Stihl is the opposite they don't want customer connecting... Thus would require reverse engineering. It's bummer for us saw nuts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk