High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

572xp Bogs out when it gets hot

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My 572xp bogs out when it gets hot. It usually does it about an hour into cutting or when I am getting close to 1/4 or so of a tank left. If I let it sit and cool for a bit it will start to run again but only for a short while until it starts to bog out again. Does it sound like it is going to need to go in to be reprogrammed? Currently has about 5 tanks through it and does it every time I run it.

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So am I checking to make sure there is nothing in the vent from shipping etc? and make sure it is not clogged?

It has done this right from the first tank of gas. If I top the tank off it will still not run without bogging until I let it cool down. It will always start, but when you touch the throttle it just bogs right out and stalls.

And I would not say it feels any hotter than it should or anything. Carb feels cool\warm to the touch even after sitting for a bit. It is as if the computer is sensing something and just adjusting so there is no throttle response.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
3:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Did you fill it up again when it bogged shortly after?
or you cracked the cap and saw it had gas and waited it out?
Make sure that gas line is sitting on the bottom. If you end up running it again then next time it starts to bog then quickly crack your gas seal part way and close up; when it's idling to check your vent.

Doesn't seem that characteristic of a faulty vent as it would act up much sooner. Who knows for sure. IDK the saw.

Did it do it in cool weather too?
I'm wondering if it is preasering up in the tank? I have had a back flow from one of the lines from the primer bulb on a 346 xp. It would flood out when I would shut it down in hot weather. It was hard to detect. I finally saw a mist coming up with the filter off. I took out the bulb and life way good. That was the only time I worked a saw with a bulb. Don't know much about them but seems like a valve was failing.

Hearing a really good track record on them so far. I thought Bob was saying last month he had over 100? out there (if not 150 ?)

*Edit
Acknowledging your above post now^^

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So am I checking to make sure there is nothing in the vent from shipping etc? and make sure it is not clogged?

It has done this right from the first tank of gas. If I top the tank off it will still not run without bogging until I let it cool down. It will always start, but when you touch the throttle it just bogs right out and stalls.

And I would not say it feels any hotter than it should or anything. Carb feels cool\warm to the touch even after sitting for a bit. It is as if the computer is sensing something and just adjusting so there is no throttle response.
gotcha! Was writing when you posted.
The vent could be factory faulty? See if you can suck air into it in the correct flow it is meant to work.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You should have it back in the dealers lap??

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, it did the same thing in colder weather too.

When it first did it i thought it ran out of gas. (First tank back in April when i got it) I openend the cap and looked in and noticed it had a quarter tank left. So i closed it up and fired it back up and it still bogged. So i topped off the tank and fired it back up and it still bogged. Thought that was odd and since i was almost done cutting tossed it in the truck and went home. Couple days later i fired it back up to buck up some huge pine and oak logs i had in my back yard and after about 20 cuts it started doing the same thing. Barley half a tank this time. So i let it sit for about a half hour and it fired right back up and cut for about 15 minutes and quit again.

Three more cutting trips since then and all pretty much the same results. Had to finish with my 465 each time.

Yesterday i cut up an almost 30" oak trunk that fell in my neighbors yard. Went through about 3/4 of a tank and no issues. Ran for about an hour starting and stopping a lot while i rolled the trunk and pieces around with the Peavy.

That was its 5th tank i think. I have some more bucking to do and a few scrap logs around, so may put it through some cookie cutting in the next couple days to see how it does. If it bogs again i will try to get some video of it.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Take it back to the dealer. Sounds like it's still under warranty. Run it with them present and show them what happens. Dont just drop it off and tell them hoping they are going to diagnose and fix it.

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Purchasing dealer is in Massachusetts, but i have a servicing dealer nearby. Both are great to work with. After the next run and videos i will contact the purchasing dealer and see if he can swap it out or has heard of similar issues with others he sold. If not, i will take it to tbe servicing dealer.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am sure your vent is just fine. If you were cutting 30" rounds then you would know about it pretty quick. As I said you can do the quick test on the fly just for a piece of mind.

It could very well be the coil as huskyboy mentioned or even a spark plug.
Try a new plug and inspect...

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Purchasing dealer is in Massachusetts, but i have a servicing dealer nearby. Both are great to work with. After the next run and videos i will contact the purchasing dealer and see if he can swap it out or has heard of similar issues with others he sold. If not, i will take it to tbe servicing dealer.

Being I'm from Mass, I'm very curious if you could share which dealer it came from? As I said just curiosity, in no way judging dealer or anything -- saw could have an issue from any dealer :)

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also -- based on the 572 and how it's been doing if I were to purchase new, I would strongly consider a 572. They are fantastic IMHO.
I bought my 372 x-torq say (2011 model) brand new in 2012 and that saw puts a smile on my face every time I run it.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
^^you mean the factory^^^ The dealer is the messenger
Don't shoot the 'messenger'.....Yet!

Let's give it a couple hours...lol

Last edited:

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been reading a bit about these having a break in period programmed into them and a fail safe limp mode. Maybe I am just running it too hard? After all, I will be topping it off for its 6th tank likely tonight. With all the stops I made yesterday it didn't flinch either.

When it runs good it is a true pleasure to behold. I was letting an old timer make a couple cuts with it yesterday (I think he runs an old 350) and the grin it brought to his face said it all .....

Purchasing Dealer is Meadow Farm Equipment in Lee MA. I would highly recommend them. I got my 550xp through him as well and they have been great to work with.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are out by @TreeLife Western MA. My go-to husky dealer is Chapel Tractor in NH and I'm from Lancaster MA.

Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been reading a bit about these having a break in period programmed into them and a fail safe limp mode. Maybe I am just running it too hard? After all, I will be topping it off for its 6th tank likely tonight. With all the stops I made yesterday it didn't flinch either.

When it runs good it is a true pleasure to behold. I was letting an old timer make a couple cuts with it yesterday (I think he runs an old 350) and the grin it brought to his face said it all .....

Purchasing Dealer is Meadow Farm Equipment in Lee MA. I would highly recommend them. I got my 550xp through him as well and they have been great to work with.
Your not running it too hard. I’ve pushed this one here very hard with a 32” bar and 8 pin sprocket full comp chain buried in oak to test the limits. No problems in hot weather. Definitely a defective part issue, not the saw imho.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bobby and Skip down there are top notch, they are always more than fair to me. Cant reccomend them enough to be honest.