High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

572xp Bogs out when it gets hot

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance. 5xx saws must have a one way vent? I think the only husky I found a duckbill in was a 137 maybe a 240. It was something small.

I have no idea myself. Is the pressure higher when the tank is fuller? I just noticed that every time prior when I have opened the cap it spit/sprayed out a bit gas. This last time I opened it when I ran it dry it did not do that.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A dry tank will not have much if any pressure in my experience.
quite possibly, yes. You will still see a next to empty 5 gallon jug bloon up in the sun.
Fumes are certainly more explosive, generally speaking. It's the fumes that ignite. I would fuel up by the fire with winter grade cutting Seismic on a break or doing fall & burn (beetle kill).
That's unbelievable! You could spill in the snow 3-4ft away and the fumes would travel under the snow then I would have the gas jug on fire as well my saw. I guess it's not unbelievable but it did take me 10 times to believe it. I think I welcomed the excitement. Probably, in 1990 someone gased a saw up, then on first pull it caught fire. He droped it. There was over 20 workers standing around and I pulled my shirt off in a second and smothered it. That was the gateway drug. Then it was saws and gas cans. Saw first,, gas cans last, as wires burn quit. (Getting back on subject..for a minute)
To be more accurate as to what has been commonly said:
It's not necessary hot days that create pressure but change in temperature that create the presuse. It maybe 35 below zero but I bring my saw back to dry out the carb from weather fluctuations. Perhaps it sat in an open truck box with the wind factory. So if the weather hangs in about the same while I'm having dinner then go fetch it and then it would have built pressure as it 'warmed up' even know it's half an ice block. The worst thing is to sneak it in to your camp room and let it sit before you get to it. There is lots of do's & don't but the best thing is to bring it in and do the carb and stick it out in a half hour. It always seems somewhat pressured up. I always cracked the cap with saw on the side while removing gas line. Unfortunately, I didn't always remember to tighten the cap pryor to standing it up. Doh! Sneaky guy...stunk out the whole wing. Could have cracked it and shut it?

I have another great story of hanging a newish saw over open flames to release the starter pawls on a cold Canadian winter morning. The gas line popped off because the tank was a replacement (all though a new saw) I didn't swap the new line or filter over,, nor did I trim it as it was obviously 'belled' from a Zama carb.

We will just save this story for 'The stupid thread'

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well they all sucked
If I was lucky

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Unofficial declaration
Site is DEAD!!

Last edited:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
quite possibly, yes. You will still see a next to empty 5 gallon jug bloon up in the sun.
Fumes are certainly more explosive, generally speaking. It's the fumes that ignite. I would fuel up by the fire with winter grade cutting Seismic on a break or doing fall & burn (beetle kill).
That's unbelievable! You could spill in the snow 3-4ft away and the fumes would travel under the snow then I would have the gas jug on fire as well my saw. I guess it's not unbelievable but it did take me 10 times to believe it. I think I welcomed the excitement. Probably, in 1990 someone gased a saw up, then on first pull it caught fire. He droped it. There was over 20 workers standing around and I pulled my shirt off in a second and smothered it. That was the gateway drug. Then it was saws and gas cans. Saw first,, gas cans last, as wires burn quit. (Getting back on subject..for a minute)
To be more accurate as to what has been commonly said:
It's not necessary hot days that create pressure but change in temperature that create the presuse. It maybe 35 below zero but I bring my saw back to dry out the carb from weather fluctuations. Perhaps it sat in an open truck box with the wind factory. So if the weather hangs in about the same while I'm having dinner then go fetch it and then it would have built pressure as it 'warmed up' even know it's half an ice block. The worst thing is to sneak it in to your camp room and let it sit before you get to it. There is lots of do's & don't but the best thing is to bring it in and do the carb and stick it out in a half hour. It always seems somewhat pressured up. I always cracked the cap with saw on the side while removing gas line. Unfortunately, I didn't always remember to tighten the cap pryor to standing it up. Doh! Sneaky guy...stunk out the whole wing. Could have cracked it and shut it?

I have another great story of hanging a newish saw over open flames to release the starter pawls on a cold Canadian winter morning. The gas line popped off because the tank was a replacement (all though a new saw) I didn't swap the new line or filter over,, nor did I trim it as it was obviously 'belled' from a Zama carb.

We will just save this story for 'The stupid thread'
Should have been more clear. No pressure right after running it dry. Any residual fuel can evaporating create pressure after awhile.[emoji111]

I actually like the duckbill style vents, the stihl vents are generally pretty good but the ones on Husqvarna saws can be goofy.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t like any of the epa vents on the new stihl or husky saws. The ones on some of the dolmar/makitas are probably the best imo. Duckbill with a sintered puck to cover it. Simple, cheap to replace and reliable.

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Running auto-tune saws dry is not a good idea, as the system will try to compensate so the fuel settings go way out.
So in the real world of running saws how are we to prevent running out of fuel? I understand once you hear a hiccup, shut it down. Maybe you are referring to the guy who stays on it until the last drop is gone just to finish the cut-that is foolish. I’m hoping the latest generation of auto tune saws aren’t this delicate.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shop said the logs were saying no spark when it was bogging because of a bad coil. Replacement coil should be here next week.
Being a software guy who has written thosaunds of log messages for developer debug and customer use alike, this is fantastic that the software isolated to a coil issue, you replace the part, and enjoy a proper saw

It would really nice if customers could read the logs like we do with an OBD II scanner in our cars. Maybe down the road we will get there.

So psyched this will be resolved.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then one would not have to go back to the dealership.

Not unless a person or company can debug and figure out their software and develop it outside.

But it would be cool for us.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then one would not have to go back to the dealership.

Not unless a person or company can debug and figure out their software and develop it outside.

But it would be cool for us.
It would make sense for them to use CAN bus, i2c, SPI or a 1 wire interface of some sort. A decent scope could likely decode the bits but would need the equipment they give dealers to hook on and watch with the scope.

A standard interface like CAN used on OBD II would save a lot of reverse engineering.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't hold your breath men.

Looking at Stihl VS Husqvarna on this AT - MT thing. I can reset a Stihl using nothing more than the control lever. If it needs a solenoid, I swap it...do a reset....back in the woods it goes.

On a Husqvarna, it has to go back to a dealer and be hooked up to a computer. I have that interface, but can't get the updates.

So.....I prefer to sell the saws I can deal with more simply.