572 updates

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl would never bite their nose to spite their face. They would never sabotage the Hooskie Zama model.
Would be very bad for business

Was good for business to buy the company :) and patents. Get a jump back into a technology that was slipping away, along with a few penny's from ALL the sales channels regardless of label's, kind of like the "operating system" concept in the computer world. But have to ask, if Hooski or any other brand buys a Stihl owned companie's product that has a quality issue, who takes the marketing/image hit? :)

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir. Definitely a smart move.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JFC... I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that...

You'd think that a sticking throttle plate would be noticed in the test run....auto tune can mask some odd stuff though.

I built a Makita 6100 a couple of weeks ago that had a sticking plate in the strato body. It was a Zama carb.....

I immediately called the local Stihl dealer and raised hell. Naturally, they told me to pound sand.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to hear they are selling so well Bob. I think the new saws from both companies are generating a lot of excitement … even if for different reasons.

Different reasons in what way Mike? Looks mostly the same to me. New saws from both brands for fans of each. In both cases, the two companies are perfecting second generation models on all of this new design architecture chassis that goes along with Auto-Tune and M-tronic. I don't think that most guys appreciate how big a leap all this stuff is for these companies. It's not like going from a 272 to a 372, or an 064 to a 066. These modern saws are really different animals. As they sort it all out, it results in better more reliable saws for everyone.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Different reasons in what way Mike? Looks mostly the same to me. New saws from both brands for fans of each. In both cases, the two companies are perfecting second generation models on all of this new design architecture chassis that goes along with Auto-Tune and M-tronic. I don't think that most guys appreciate how big a leap all this stuff is for these companies. It's not like going from a 272 to a 372, or an 064 to a 066. These modern saws are really different animals. As they sort it all out, it results in better more reliable saws for everyone.

Excellent post.

We are living in exciting times.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

And not just with the control systems, but the entire design process along with saw architectures. How long has Husky been developing the 572? And how much of what was learned with the 550/562 from design tools, manufacturing, and through to field experience has been reflected in first the new 572 and later with the Mark "2" versions of the 550 and 562's....I for one am really waiting for the 562 updated saws as a potential "One saw does all" concept for an old fart.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a zama carb. I didn't post my experience to start a brand war. I just figured it may help some folks make a decision wether or not to plunge into one of these.
Zama? Well that sux, I was hopping to see walbro, oh well my favorite saw ever made has a Zama.[emoji4]

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a zama carb. I didn't post my experience to start a brand war. I just figured it may help some folks make a decision wether or not to plunge into one of these.

A saw that doesn't run right obviously needs to be addressed. And that's not a matter of opinion, it either running right or it's not. I've sold 30 some saws this week and none have come back for any reason.

But, some other comments you made about the saw being "cheap" and complaining about the hole for the primer not being large enough are strictly opinions and nit picky to the point of being silly. And then having the Stihl in your avatar legitimately or not tends to imply brand bias in those comments. So, kind of natural for Husky guys to get defensive on that. If you "stand firm" that Husky's QC is not up to your standards, then you should stick with Stihl. I've said for years that guys shouldn't switch brands cause they almost always gripe about something or another.

Kind of inevitable that some of this brand stuff would break out here. I don't know if Husky guys have gone to the 462 or 500 threads to make similar comments cause I don't even pay attention to the Stihl threads. But I imagine this sort of thing happens in both directions. But it ain't spoiling my fun. We're having a blast here with these saws. Customers are happy. Life is good. :)

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the average homeowner/firewooder, the 60cc saws are the best 1 saw plan. 1 saw does it all. Mostly. [emoji106]

Yeah, that's the target for a one saw guy. I've been on a bit of a 60cc kick lately myself. Despite all the hype here about new 70cc and 50cc models, I've been reaching for saws in the 60cc class. But like you say, "mostly". It's too hard for us guys to grasp a "one saw plan" concept when you own dozens of them in every size.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wish they had dealt with walhbro or Tillotson for the carbs on all there saws and left Zama alone to be honest, never left a Zama on a saw that had the option bto put a wahlbro or Tilly on.

They are actually starting to make their own carbs in Sweden. Newest 562 carb being one of them.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just for the record, the Stihl 462 have some growing pain issues too. ;) Not the time or place here though.

The trees around me lately are just not that big anymore. A homeowner or firewooder could get away with a nice 60cc saw with a 16, 20, and 24" bar and cut 95% of his wood.
A Hooskie 562 would make a great saw for a 1 saw plan. :D

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still wish we could have a system where we can jerk with timing and fuel curves...:( Who knows....what the future brings...:) Pretty simplistic stuff actually
I think that day will eventually come, maybe in small steps, like being able to set up a saw for like a milling tune. An interface for customers sure would be a swell idea.[emoji106]

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the different reasons is stihl wasnt known as a leading innovator for the last couple decades from a technology standpoint things like air filtration, av, weight reduction, engine design and engine management electronics husky was coming out with these features on there designs while stihl stuck to the kiss formula and focused on building very well built but more basic designs with a premium on durability. And now Stihl is the first with fuel injection and has the lightest weight models in a few of the classes while husqvarna seems to have refocused on the durability of there designs even if they needed to add weight to acheive it and i think those are good moves for both companies.