High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

572 updates

Habada
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not trying to be a kill-joy or anything, and I'm a little jaded because I got a dud, but I'm not overly impressed with the 572 right now. I picked one up Tuesday night at my local dealer. I ran one he had fueled up and overall I like the feel/ergos of the saw and it ran great, especially considering it was on the first tank of fuel. I typically run VP in everything so I took one in the box since he had fueled the demo with pump gas and historically auto tune doesn't like switching back and forth. I fired mine up and it idled well, responded well and sounded great. After it ran for a little I held it WOT for a second and it sounded like it leaned out and shut off. Did this two more times. Put it in some wood and it falls on its face, then revs up and cuts alright. Let off throttle and then it chokes itself out slobbering rich. It got progressively worse for the 5 minutes I ran it ( hoping it was just trying to tune itself) so I gave up. Seems like it has a significant air leak. It's headed back to dealer when I get time.

Aside from getting a problem child, the saw honestly feels very "cheap" to me. The coating on the crankcase wears no better so far than the old gray and looks akin to a chinese knockoff. I made two dozen cuts and it's already scuffed off the front. The gas tank is very poorly made at the handle area also. The operator presence lever moves around/is so loose that the throttle trigger and it contact each other and cause an annoying clicking every time the throttle is opened/closed. The edge of the tank next to the OP lever is so sharp without gloves on I thought it was going to cut my hand. The top cover doesn't fit quite right and has to be pushed down to get the plastic locks snapped on and when the saw was hot, the one rear lineup dowel stuck inside the top cover and I had to pry it off. The orange on the carb box is mismatched to the top cover and tank. The hole around the primer bulb is too small to use it with gloves on and without you catch your finger on the poorly finished sharp edge.

I know I'm being highly critical however It has not been a pleasant experience so far. I had really high hopes for this saw but I really feel husky dropped the ball big time on the execution of the product. I think it was carefully designed to an extent but the production team hosed it.

Hope y'all have better luck with your 572's
VP small engine fuel or something else?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here. I'll always keep 3" and up. I'll cut down to 2" if I'm on my own property. Branches make good kindling, which I go through a lot of. Like Mike says, less waste and less mess.

But nothing less than 8" like Dan leaves behind? For me, all those 3"-7" rounds are the cream of the crop. N0 splitting, long burns. What you're burning it in is a factor too. That small stuff might not be worth the effort for guys with OWB's.

OWB here burns everything thrown in it. I like to add some limbs for topping it off and the limbs pound for pound have the most heat in them as they are more dense than the trunk of the tree.

Hank_612

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They aren't getting product in the mid west yet? Just guessing but...………

Not all warehouses got loaded the same as others. Northeast warehouse got stuffed pretty good, so we are fine. Could the Ohio warehouse be depleted already? Who knows; again, I'm just guessing here. IF that's the case, they usually don't fill the orders from other warehouses without getting the rep or customer service involved. Might take a phone call or 2, but it can be done.

My dealer just called me back and said he wouldn't get his until 3/18. I have polled 2 other dealers within 100 miles and got IDK and any day now as answers..........

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not trying to be a kill-joy or anything, and I'm a little jaded because I got a dud, but I'm not overly impressed with the 572 right now. I picked one up Tuesday night at my local dealer. I ran one he had fueled up and overall I like the feel/ergos of the saw and it ran great, especially considering it was on the first tank of fuel. I typically run VP in everything so I took one in the box since he had fueled the demo with pump gas and historically auto tune doesn't like switching back and forth. I fired mine up and it idled well, responded well and sounded great. After it ran for a little I held it WOT for a second and it sounded like it leaned out and shut off. Did this two more times. Put it in some wood and it falls on its face, then revs up and cuts alright. Let off throttle and then it chokes itself out slobbering rich. It got progressively worse for the 5 minutes I ran it ( hoping it was just trying to tune itself) so I gave up. Seems like it has a significant air leak. It's headed back to dealer when I get time.

Aside from getting a problem child, the saw honestly feels very "cheap" to me. The coating on the crankcase wears no better so far than the old gray and looks akin to a chinese knockoff. I made two dozen cuts and it's already scuffed off the front. The gas tank is very poorly made at the handle area also. The operator presence lever moves around/is so loose that the throttle trigger and it contact each other and cause an annoying clicking every time the throttle is opened/closed. The edge of the tank next to the OP lever is so sharp without gloves on I thought it was going to cut my hand. The top cover doesn't fit quite right and has to be pushed down to get the plastic locks snapped on and when the saw was hot, the one rear lineup dowel stuck inside the top cover and I had to pry it off. The orange on the carb box is mismatched to the top cover and tank. The hole around the primer bulb is too small to use it with gloves on and without you catch your finger on the poorly finished sharp edge.

I know I'm being highly critical however It has not been a pleasant experience so far. I had really high hopes for this saw but I really feel husky dropped the ball big time on the execution of the product. I think it was carefully designed to an extent but the production team hosed it.

Hope y'all have better luck with your 572's

May I interest you in a nice MS462?