394 to 395 mod

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do but have already bought the new cylinder and piston for 395 - at this point the money is not the big deal. They didn't have meteor p/c in stock only hyway. It's complicated but at one point i was going to take the saw to a member here that lives close to me and put it all together today and put all back together but - somehow i made him mad - really caught me by surprise and still not sure what i said or did but regardless he said just don't come so here i am asking questions and 250 spent so plan is to use new cylinder piston and go with conversion and do as right as i can by myself

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After looking at the conversion kit i believe it has all the parts needed to convert intake from cylinder to carb in it. Only thing that's extra is the impulse port that you stick into bottom of 394 carb ! I could be wrong but when looking at all the parts in diagram and comparing it to what's in conversion kit - i believe there all there even the new screws that hold carb in place

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need the 395 throttle cable. They are completely different. You’ll see why when you compare the two cables. There should be instructions in that kit explaining where to drill the holes in the carb and how big. Those red plastic inserts won’t fit in the carb until you drill out the holes.

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
no instruction at all not even where to drill hole. - i have emailed hlsupply and asked for instructions but no response. Would there be any advantage to buying a carb for a 395 except that it already has port on it for impulse line ? I will look for the right throttle cable number and order. The white circle thing in pic is that what throttle cable butts up against ? Before connecting to carb ?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll get a picture uploaded of the intake tract assembled on a 395 I built on 394 chassis in a bit.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The grey plug that has the holes for carb adjustment is different as well. 395 has a different one. 905FE64E-9617-454E-92A4-B607EC2459F9.jpeg

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
no instruction at all not even where to drill hole. - i have emailed hlsupply and asked for instructions but no response. Would there be any advantage to buying a carb for a 395 except that it already has port on it for impulse line ? I will look for the right throttle cable number and order. The white circle thing in pic is that what throttle cable butts up against ? Before connecting to carb ?
Maybe @Gentleman can help you with the instructions..?

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husky i appreciate the link to carb. I have to ask what the white ring with the arm sticking off side is for. I thought it held the throttle cable but it doesn’t . Looks like it holds the threaded nuts maybe to pull all together ?

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After looking at your pictures and opening bag of kit laying all out and semi putting together i get it now. It was hard to picture in mind with all the stuff in bag. It will really come together once i get carburetor. Once i put the rubber intake through the hole of white circle piece and lined bolt holes up it really made since. Looking at it before i just couldn’t help but imagining intake leaks everywhere. The sleeves in through air filter piece and carb is only because they are using smaller diameter bolts - what’s the reason for this and does the 395 come this way as well ? Thanks fellas

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After looking at your pictures and opening bag of kit laying all out and semi putting together i get it now. It was hard to picture in mind with all the stuff in bag. It will really come together once i get carburetor. Once i put the rubber intake through the hole of white circle piece and lined bolt holes up it really made since. Looking at it before i just couldn’t help but imagining intake leaks everywhere. The sleeves in through air filter piece and carb is only because they are using smaller diameter bolts - what’s the reason for this and does the 395 come this way as well ? Thanks fellas
Good deal, glad to hear that. Yeah it’s for smaller 3mm Allen bolts through the carb. Takes up the slop and aligns things. They can be tight going into the carb, I just used wd40 and they slid in. Don’t forget the metal ring that goes in the end of boot. It goes in a certain way.

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hate to post this out in open but how do you access the throttle cable ? Do you pry the two little left and right covers off somehow just behind throttle trigger kind of where you grip with your hand - don’t want to booger handle up trying if they don’t come out - or is there some other way i am not seeing ? And the black rubber intake - what slot should the dust spacer that intake rubber has to go through be in. There is like three slots or ribs on rubber intake. I guess i could wait until i go back and I’m sure it will be obvious and does it matter which way black intake is turned ? There is two rubber tips on cylinder end of intake maybe for pulling onto cylinder ? Should they be up at top or bottom or does it matter ?

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and forgot to ask about the metal ring for the end of the boot ?? No metal ring in kit. Does it go between boot and cylinder on the inside or are you talking about the clamp ? O ring clamp to tighten boot onto intake port ?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
89F1AB7D-48FB-4675-8DDE-EA55204B8463.jpeg 5039622-01 is the metal ring

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My picture should show how the partition wall goes

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Part number 503 96 22-01 is the ring and it didn’t come in kit !! I will order it. Does it go inside of rubber boot in between ribs ?