12:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gasket delete?
Mine was at .014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes
Gasket delete sittin @ 0.018 with solder so it's probably more like 0.0165.

Gonna do a few more things then double check it again before final assy

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What kind of mods would you do if you were to put this cylinder on a 350 case?

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had one who pretty much fell out by itself.
Can't remember what I did, had so many spare tanks and vent, but if i had one of those buggers today i would just silicone and see if it hold.
I modded half of mine, you trow everything exept the first part who drop out (biggest part), that part go back.

Hope you understand my lousy explanation lol

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
looks like I'll be needing to replace the throttle shaft. Never seen one worn out like this one is!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Same style tank vent was used on 357xp and 359. I had trouble with the one on my 357 a few years ago. Saw was laying on it's side getting re-fueled and fuel leaked out.

I was told to switch to the older style vent puck as the style with the line attached is known for having problems... It doesn't have a line fitting and line attached. Just a little puck that popes into the hole. It has been on my 357 for about 3 years now and given me no issue.

But, I just did one on a 359 that I did some wrenching on for a friend. The old style puck didn't stay seated and would push out with just a little pressure in the tank. I used a fuel resistant adhesive around the outside to hold it in. Jury is still out though as I just returned that saw to my friend 2 days ago...

I am working on a 346OE at work right now. The tank vent puck is smaller. It goes directly into the small hole inside the larger vent hole (if that makes any sense). I told my friend that if the vent causes problems, we could switch to the small puck tank vent and hope that it fits tighter in the vent hole.

Watching this thread with interest. :)