.325 square ground

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Madsen article Mike posted shows some pretty straight angles on the top of the tooth.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Square pico can be fun for a minute but saws that would normally run pico can have trouble pulling it.
On the other end once you move up in size to a saw that can pull it with authority, the chips don't clear as well as they would with a bigger cutter frame.
It can be a real guessing game if the square pico will actually be faster with any given saw.
What pulls well on a ported MS260 might too much for an unported saw and not clear well enough for a ported 346XP to run at its best either.
I have ridden this rodeo and for most ported saws I like 3/8 better than pico.
Mike (@canadianfarmboy) made a really sweet .325 to run on his ported 036, but honestly I havent run much square .325 as it is not common in this neck of the woods except on the MS290.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Be interesting to see this icepicks 325 and picco square in the cut. Wouldnt you think?

Most of us here have done picco square and 325 square and know how good stuff cuts.

So please show us your work chains in the cut.

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just wanting to see. It turned out ok, but I'll try to move my wheel. Prob is. The other side matches dead on.
I have started dressing going from left to right. But I still get that tiny hook. What if I went a tad wider on the face of wheel. Think that would get it out?
Tomorrow I'm gonna the 3/8p on a ported Husqvarna 349 a guy name mike from here ported for me. It will be the first it's been ran.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got some square. 325 coming for my 290 cant wait and thanks again

A friend had give me a square loop he did in 325 063 and it cut 50% faster then the RM semi chisel chain that was on it.
Never compared to see how the 325 RSL compared the the 325 RS on that saw though.

Might have it in different loops compared and different saw now in the 325 CBO. Stock round RS to square % .325 gains.

A.E.E.llc

Hello myself, its me again
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was just wanting to see. It turned out ok, but I'll try to move my wheel. Prob is. The other side matches dead on.
I have started dressing going from left to right. But I still get that tiny hook. What if I went a tad wider on the face of wheel. Think that would get it out?
Tomorrow I'm gonna the 3/8p on a ported Husqvarna 349 a guy name mike from here ported for me. It will be the first it's been ran.
Huh?:picknose: