High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

262xp rebuild for @hoskavarna raffle

roy wilson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice build and good timing numbers , good to see posts like this on old timer saws that get back to life again , i just did a rebuild a while back on my 1991 262 xp I bought at an auction for £ 70 ( no bar and no airfilter , clutch drum spring was broken , but compression was good .Original KS cyl no decomp and HDA 87 carb .Pulled it all apart , spotless cleaned everything , did a pressure and vac test and it was good but replaced the crank seals as I had a few OEM ones and as its 26 years old i thought , oh well its apart i,ll do it anyway, piston was actually very good nick and the cyl still had hone marks and no scoring atall , so i dont think it had done a serious amount of work but got a NOS ring from the local husky dealer and fitted that , measure the squish and was 38 thou so did the base gasket delete and is now 22 from what i remember ,, sorted a few niggles , new carb kit new fuel line, and filter new air filter , cut back the top cover a bit as it was melted and fitted some heat relective tape to it , got a OEM brake spring from the local husky dealer , replaced the rubber mounts as they were a bit mushy , the intake block was a bit deformed/ discoloured and the impulse hole was a bit black and almost melted a bit at the cyl and had a crack in it along the bolt so got a new one ,put it all back together set it up and its a real good runner , , might take it apart again and do some mods to the cyl as you have , or I might do it to the other spares one I have , which is a 1993 one with original mahle cly and piston , also in great condition , it has the HDA120 on it but has missing parts , no clutch cover , handle bent and exhaust bashed so looks like been run over

Attachments

• IMG_4636 (1) 2.jpg
    IMG_4636 (1) 2.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4634.jpg
    IMG_4634.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 22

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice build and good timing numbers , good to see posts like this on old timer saws that get back to life again , i just did a rebuild a while back on my 1991 262 xp I bought at an auction for £ 70 ( no bar and no airfilter , clutch drum spring was broken , but compression was good .Original KS cyl no decomp and HDA 87 carb .Pulled it all apart , spotless cleaned everything , did a pressure and vac test and it was good but replaced the crank seals as I had a few OEM ones and as its 26 years old i thought , oh well its apart i,ll do it anyway, piston was actually very good nick and the cyl still had hone marks and no scoring atall , so i dont think it had done a serious amount of work but got a NOS ring from the local husky dealer and fitted that , measure the squish and was 38 thou so did the base gasket delete and is now 22 from what i remember ,, sorted a few niggles , new carb kit new fuel line, and filter new air filter , cut back the top cover a bit as it was melted and fitted some heat relective tape to it , got a OEM brake spring from the local husky dealer , replaced the rubber mounts as they were a bit mushy , the intake block was a bit deformed/ discoloured and the impulse hole was a bit black and almost melted a bit at the cyl and had a crack in it along the bolt so got a new one ,put it all back together set it up and its a real good runner , , might take it apart again and do some mods to the cyl as you have , or I might do it to the other spares one I have , which is a 1993 one with original mahle cly and piston , also in great condition , it has the HDA120 on it but has missing parts , no clutch cover , handle bent and exhaust bashed so looks like been run over

Killer deal Roy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk