Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A reminder to all of the competitors running saws, as far as I'm concerned you are all winners for having such fine machines. Remember all it takes is for the parameters to change (log size or specie for example) for the outcome to change, not to mention the disparity of the chains being run. In other words, don't get too hung up on the results, remember these are work saws. Keep it light and keep it fun if this is to survive to maintain viability in the future. ;)

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started with tree flopping by Jack.
View attachment 434402

You can go to my channel and watch the video, it's a short and unable to post here.
whos jack ?
A reminder to all of the competitors running saws, as far as I'm concerned you are all winners for having such fine machines. Remember all it takes is for the parameters to change (log size or specie for example) for the outcome to change, not to mention the disparity of the chains being run. In other words, don't get too hung up on the results, remember these are work saws. Keep it light and keep it fun if this is to survive to maintain viability in the future. ;)
so no *s-word talking allowed ? lol
you missed one end of the log is better than the other

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I watched Jack hammer a rusted chain straight on his tailgate with the bar and then race it.

We are definitely not professionals.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My take aways from the day were...
whos jack ?

so no *s-word talking allowed ? lol
you missed one end of the log is better than the other
They all ran good and from the same end of the log, which you would have known had you been here.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My takeaways were; on saws, the one that impressed was the @tree monkey 500i. While not the everyday standard woods port, it ran better than any as well. I'd say if one wants the ultimate 500i this is it. Pony up whatever the man wants for all of the extra work involved and you'll have it.
Was glad to have an old friend show up as a bonus. @LAWN BOY would have gotten a go getter award had there been such a thing. There's no need to tell Jack @Stihlalltheway how to cut a tree, he's the man with the plan. The Kurtzwiel brothers were animals with a maul. The wood bin filled up fast and you guys did more than I asked. I'm proud to know you all.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what can i say
not sure if i could handle that far of ride right now
the left side still says its not been 2 weeks yet
You just keep working on feeling good there Dally, so I can see your face at one of these while I'm still having them.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So….no smack talking that an ancient 80cc hoosky boat anchor brought by a californy, ported and sharped by another californy beat all comers up to 90cc ? 🤣

(In all fairness it weren’t no work saw)
Wouldn't have gotten anywhere without a Wisco bar.
Must be a work saw only in Californy too. Lol
I had my 385 out there. Didn't even know you guys were doing 90cc or I would have played along with ya's.
Good running GTG saw and chain you have there. Nice kill switch too.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So….no smack talking that an ancient 80cc hoosky boat anchor brought by a californy, ported and sharped by another californy beat all comers up to 90cc ? 🤣

I suppose you fueled it uo in San Jose too. Lol
Thing wouldn't even start without a squirter pissing out Wisco fuel and oil.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So in Cali you don't noodle about 15 chunks then use that as your race chain?

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got home and unpacked a little while ago. Once again, thanks Steve for hosting us! It's always a blast! It was nice seeing the regular cast of characters and meeting some new ones. I apologize in advance for a the posts but I can only load a couple of pics at a time.

Attachments

• 20240921_074824.jpg
    20240921_074824.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240921_075056.jpg
    20240921_075056.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240921_083015.jpg
    20240921_083015.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 21