Event end date: Saturday 30-09-2023
Username Guest count Note
Stump Shot Stump Shot 1  
B bradb123 1  
Woodrow Woodrow 1  
redline4 redline4 1  
lehman live edge slab lehman live edge slab 1  
Northern_clear Northern_clear 1  
Stihlalltheway Stihlalltheway 2 50/50 shot I make it, have to work around an elk hunt and it’s still work season for sure
Loony661 Loony661 2 I’ll be there with my 7yr old son. Bringing Amsoil for anyone that PM’s me by 9/22 on a pre-order basis. See ya there!
N nbbt 1 calendar cleared. gettin close...
EAK044 EAK044 1  
isaaccarlson isaaccarlson 3 My 2 brothers think they will make it as well.
I IffykidMn 1  
sledneck22 sledneck22 1 I lied. Kiddo has a soccer game and I’m the coach. I won’t be able to make it. Sorry and disappointed.
WI_Hedgehog WI_Hedgehog 2 Brad Krause (greenhorn)
Juliana Wolf (no-horn) (ha ha ha ha!)
RonaldT RonaldT 1  

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a job for a superduty 6.7 just kidding, actually if I was to buy a superduty I’d buy a 7.3 gas just because it would do anything I needed and be cheaper to fix/maintain. Damn new diesels are so expensive to do anything to.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So... After some deliberation, I decided that I would put on a little raffle on Saturday, it will be at ZERO cost to members and all you will have to do is put your name on a ticket and put it in the bucket. I will pick someone else to do the picking part to keep it on the up and up. Drawing to be after supper, so you will have all day to enter. Prizes to be announced prior to picking. One ticket per member please.
Once again, it will be up to you to enter. :)

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is this all going to be small diameter firewood stuff or will there be a big stump or something for people to try my 090 in?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Log supplier says I'll have to take some soft maple with some oak from last years cut. So do you guys and gals think that there should be more wood set aside for playing on? I could set aside some 100" soft maples for playing on, that is if @redline4 can being his machine again if deamed necessary. Also if the felling fellers fell a pine that could be chunked up in bolts and brought over as well. What do you all think?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Log supplier says I'll have to take some soft maple with some oak from last years cut. So do you guys and gals think that there should be more wood set aside for playing on? I could set aside some 100" soft maples for playing on, that is if @redline4 can being his machine again if deamed necessary. Also if the felling fellers fell a pine that could be chunked up in bolts and brought over as well. What do you all think?

If you need me to bring the skidsteer, I can.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like some bigger wood (30"+) to try out. I haven't had much time in the bigger stuff and don't mind cutting to whatever lengths benefit you. Just need a way to get it off the ground--if you want I can bring a 3.5" nailer for building log cradle(s) from 2x4s. (needs air and hose, nails supplied by me). Trying to pack "light" :qmiedo:so let me know how I can help.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like some bigger wood (30"+) to try out. I haven't had much time in the bigger stuff and don't mind cutting to whatever lengths benefit you. Just need a way to get it off the ground--if you want I can bring a 3.5" nailer for building log cradle(s) from 2x4s. (needs air and hose, nails supplied by me). Trying to pack "light" :qmiedo:so let me know how I can help.
There's two bigguns set up now and we just use a hunk of wood with a V notch in it to get it off the ground, so no worries. Firewood is all 16" and under.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Ed, we'll see what the general consensus is, but I'm thinking we may run out of play wood, that or I am just worrying too much one

Thanks Ed, we'll see what the general consensus is, but I'm thinking we may run out of play wood, that or I am just worrying too much one.
I have a small trailer but have access to endless wood. It's not the prettiest. I could bring up two logs about 4ft long. What diameter logs are you guys looking for? I got some pics of some of the wood if you guys don't mind running your chains through it. It's not as bad as it looks. I just cut from this pile on Sunday. There's also a big cottonwood, I'm not bringing the big piece because my trailer won't handle it. It does have 30" limbs that I could bring up.

Attachments

• 20230806_082058.jpg
    20230806_082058.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220516_163540.jpg
    20220516_163540.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 11

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a small trailer but have access to endless wood. It's not the prettiest. I could bring up two logs about 4ft long. What diameter logs are you guys looking for? I got some pics of some of the wood if you guys don't mind running your chains through it. It's not as bad as it looks. I just cut from this pile on Sunday. There's also a big cottonwood, I'm not bringing the big piece because my trailer won't handle it. It does have 30" limbs that I could bring up.
2 pieces side by side would be 60" ought to be enough to make a 090 snort a little.