Event end date: Saturday 30-09-2023
Username Guest count Note
Stump Shot Stump Shot 1  
B bradb123 1  
Woodrow Woodrow 1  
redline4 redline4 1  
lehman live edge slab lehman live edge slab 1  
Northern_clear Northern_clear 1  
Stihlalltheway Stihlalltheway 2 50/50 shot I make it, have to work around an elk hunt and it’s still work season for sure
Loony661 Loony661 2 I’ll be there with my 7yr old son. Bringing Amsoil for anyone that PM’s me by 9/22 on a pre-order basis. See ya there!
N nbbt 1 calendar cleared. gettin close...
EAK044 EAK044 1  
isaaccarlson isaaccarlson 3 My 2 brothers think they will make it as well.
I IffykidMn 1  
sledneck22 sledneck22 1 I lied. Kiddo has a soccer game and I’m the coach. I won’t be able to make it. Sorry and disappointed.
WI_Hedgehog WI_Hedgehog 2 Brad Krause (greenhorn)
Juliana Wolf (no-horn) (ha ha ha ha!)
RonaldT RonaldT 1  

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a small trailer but have access to endless wood. It's not the prettiest. I could bring up two logs about 4ft long. What diameter logs are you guys looking for? I got some pics of some of the wood if you guys don't mind running your chains through it. It's not as bad as it looks. I just cut from this pile on Sunday. There's also a big cottonwood, I'm not bringing the big piece because my trailer won't handle it. It does have 30" limbs that I could bring up.
Then there's the limitations of Ed's skid steer to consider also. I'm thinking we can manage with what I have here, not that more is welcome, as long as we can get it off your trailer.
I have the green light to allow the skids teer down the back road to remove the felled pine tree, it would have to come out top first and pulled and cut and repeat until the butt hunk has been removed, but a very doable plan the small limbs will be right by the woods and can be just tossed over so no big cleanup involved really.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then there's the limitations of Ed's skid steer to consider also. I'm thinking we can manage with what I have here, not that more is welcome, as long as we can get it off your trailer.
I have the green light to allow the skids teer down the back road to remove the felled pine tree, it would have to come out top first and pulled and cut and repeat until the butt hunk has been removed, but a very doable plan the small limbs will be right by the woods and can be just tossed over so no big cleanup involved really.

If I have to pick up the whole piece to move it, that's one thing, but if I can grab an end and drag, then it could handle a bit more. If that's an option.

I think I could fit this chunk of oak on the trailer with the Bobcat too, if you wanted it brought up
20230917_121458.jpg

That's a 24" sword on there for size reference...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I have to pick up the whole piece to move it, that's one thing, but if I can grab an end and drag, then it could handle a bit more. If that's an option.

I think I could fit this chunk of oak on the trailer with the Bobcat too, if you wanted it brought up
View attachment 390498

That's a 24" sword on there for size reference...
...wif shark teefs?

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It can still be FedEx'd and make it if it's a saw he can't sleep without. :D

I'm driving, though my bars will be off and stowed in case of distracted_millennial_fender-bender.
(Plus I can check on them at rest stops... :D )

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, without any extra input on the amount of "play" wood we'll need I am going to make the executive decision that we "should" be OK between what is out there now, what we can pull out of the log piles and the bonus pine tree. If y'all turn that into dust, we'll just have to default into BSing from there on. :)

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, without any extra input on the amount of "play" wood we'll need I am going to make the executive decision that we "should" be OK between what is out there now, what we can pull out of the log piles and the bonus pine tree. If y'all turn that into dust, we'll just have to default into BSing from there on. :)

If anyone has a complaint, they can just take it up with Griz.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In other words, don't feel that you have to bring wood, but can if you want to.
If anyone has a complaint, they can just take it up with Griz.
Best idea I've heard in a while!

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Challenge accepted!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, is the GFY log still there? Otherwise we can pick out a chunk to make a new one.
And bummer that Lil Dallas didn't make it...
Oh yeah, it's here and has gotten some upgrades for '23.
Little Dallas shouldn't have portrayed one half of himself off as a normal cookie, that's what lead to his downfall and ending up down in a hole. He made for a good pissing target...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fired up the wood splitter with the new engine on it Was running with only one pull!
Remote throttle control was a fail, either too loose or too tight, no happy middle ground to be found, so I took it off. Other than that it runs like a champ! Predator FTW!
IMG_20230922_125429539.jpg

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t own anything smaller than a 70cc saw anymore due to my needs for logging.. If any of you have a small entry level saw available, I’d love to teach and let my son make a few cuts for his first time.
194CE