Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, that was a pretty sweet little shindig!
Thanks for everything that was generously given, whether it was help, advice, food, drink, cash, etc.
Huge GFY to the soaking thunderstorm that tried ruin our dinner plan. It just brought us “closer together” under the canopies...
Now, if anyone left anything behind, I will try to find it and get it back to you.
Right before I headed home, I got to thinking I haven’t scene my 346 in a while... Scotty tracked it down in the muddy darkness and saved my ass yet again!
I always marvel at the brotherhood we share in this little hobby.
Anyone needing cookies or saw dust, HMU :)
Until next time, thanks again.

Last edited:

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry I couldn't make it. Asked about the tacoma and FIL said not with gas prices. Not sure what he was getting at. Sure I could swing a tank of 87 considering I'm used to paying for diesel in my truck.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I called blue 42 plumber as soon as I got out the ride today and @Fruecrue *b-worded out.

Shocking.
I was worried about your old, fragile bones.
Plan was to wait til a few drinks got you loose so you didn’t break a hip.
Saved by the storm, someone’s looking out for you.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you to @Duane(Pa) and his gracious family for hosting yet again another fantastic weekend of fast saws, amazing food and second-to-none ballbusting and fellowship. It was great to hang out in the woods and during the day hear modded chainsaws echoing through the valley and hollows, and at night sit around the fire hearing whipporwills and coyotes (and Wadney)......

I'm very thankful for the friends and extended family I've made along this journey, hoping you guys can make it to our FHC GTG in a month!

I apologize for lack of pics, I was too busy cookin and havin fun. Here's a few tho.

@Glock37 gibb'n me a hand with a few rotted out chestnut oak peckerpoles

Pic of the valley and hollers after last evening's dinnertime storm
20220514_205504.jpg

You may know these characters.....
20220514_182415.jpg

Grateful to know yinz all.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a great time on Duane’s little piece of heaven. Thanks to all who brought “stuff” to make it easier for those traveling light. I had an amazing time
Thank you for bringing my old boat anchor in.....we will get her broke in and see what she can do.....

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big big thanks to Duane for hosting and to all the guys that took care of making sure everyone was well fed. I had a great weekend and was glad to catch up with everyone and finally meet a few of you fellas face to face for the first time. It was a much needed break for me and I’m glad I got to spend it with a great group of friends.

Duane, you have an amazing property. I will definitely be returning if you have another gtg.

Again, I great big thanks to everyone that made this weekend happen.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got unpacked. Thanks to @Duane(Pa) and the rest of the cast for another awesome weekend on the hill. Outside of the little sprinkle last night it was a flawless weekend, and even that was taken in stride by you fine folks. I wish I could come to the neighbor's shindig next month.

Thanks to a few folks I will list I got to properly stretch the XS395's legs:
Thanks @PA Dan for the b+c setup
Thanks @Hall84 for breaking Dan's saw so I felt ok asking.
Thanks @blackbruin for delivering the perfect big bar log.
Thanks @RI Chevy for manning the camera.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent time, excellent people, TY all for everything. Duane, perfect location in them thar hills. Kevin, Scotty for doing the cooking, excellent job. Adam for being an excellent host and keeping the fire loaded up.
It was great seeing old friends. It was great meeting new friends.
A forum and the love for saws brought us all together. [emoji106][emoji1258][emoji482]

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent time, excellent people, TY all for everything. Duane, perfect location in them thar hills. Kevin, Scotty for doing the cooking, excellent job. Adam for being an excellent host and keeping the fire loaded up.
It was great seeing old friends. It was great meeting new friends.
A forum and the love for saws brought us all together. [emoji106][emoji1258][emoji482]
Well said Jeff.