PAST 2018 spring CT GTG, April 7

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah wide forgiving powerband smoother than Barry white vocals.

Plus bob said he was planning on giving it to me. Right bob. @Spike60

Well, not just "give" it to you. Thought we had a deal to trade it for those 2 homelite 410's. :) And thanks for the Switchback ale.

That was one of the best GTG's I've been to, and I've been doing them for close to 10 years now. Thanks Dan for hosting. Perfect location and size as well. Had plenty of time to visit with everyone. And Doc's cooking is outragous. Will plan to stay later on the next one.

Sorry to not say good bye to everyone, but each good bye became another 15 minute conversation. LOL!

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob, sorry I could not make this one, but looking forward to seeing you and that 572 in NY. Sounds like a real nice saw.

I still miss your GTGs, they were about the closest ones to me, and the area is beautiful (Catskills for those who don't know).

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason and I had an awesome time, thanks to everyone who showed up and participated !

Thanks to Dan and Yulyia for having us again !!

Finally met a good friend, finally met some good guys from the forum, Mason threw muh chain again, got some great conversation with Bill about transferrs and pop-ups, saw Jason whip up on Jeff in the cant, saw a bunch of great guys again,........... man, what a great time !!!

Lots of great running 50cc saws
Lots of great running 90cc saws
Lots of sharp chains
Nothing but great people

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great event.

Thanks again to Dan and Yulyia for hosting.

Jack was a riot, we need more like him. I hope he makes it again.

I hope Brandy still talks to me after helping me in the kitchen. KB, you were great and a lot of fun to boot.

See most of ya again in two weeks in Greenwich NY. I'll be up Friday and Saturday, but work will require my disappearance early Sunday morning.

And here's Angelo Running Mikey's big bore 395 pistoned China '66

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like it Al, looks great, THANKS!!!
Saw was very snappy. I liked the throttle response. It was ripping through that log but it was a cedar. I tossed it in an oak after that run and it was pulling strong. I did not know what it was (saw) when Al tossed it to me and said...."hey go run this"
I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a China doll.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once again, an awesome GTG. [emoji106]
Loved meeting many new guys, and running saws. Doesn't get much better than that!
Also a bit sad, We missed a few good guys too. Mike and Mike, and a few others. [emoji52]
Hopefully next time.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
3c2827939dbe0f888596684824eda84a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I was there then.
My 660 and HLS mill are now famous. See trash can above.
The mill worked good. Good bang for your buck on an HLS Chainsaw Mill.

The GTG was hoot. The food, forgetaboutit!
We made cants. Still waiting for Kevin to give me a hug :( I just know he won't cuddle :(:(

Dan I'd drop in anytime you need to play, or work, or whatever. Our best from us to yours.
Ran home in 3:15
Thanking the ladies for just being ladies ;-)
Hats off the Chefts ;)
Had a good time. Almost stayed for another day. The reason I had to bail is I was nominated, about 3:30 yesterday, to be the lead guy (fool to accept), in doing a 2017 Hellcat clutch on Thursday this week at a shop down south. At least my buddy has a clue and will be a big help, he owns it.
My daughters dance schools home Feis is this weekend in Wildwood NJ @ the boardwalk convention center for two days. Of course Kim and I are working the event.
Next week, edit, this week is packed wit STD. One day is chip brush, one day is log moving, one day to limb and flop a large pine and the crutch job. Yea, I said crutch :confused: Youtube, IPL's, WTH was thinking saying yes :facepalm: The correct response would have been GFY!
Thanks for dropping in and bringing those army cots :thumbup:
Jack Chin said, "NY GTG is too far to drive" meh. Work on him. His low comp saw goes good, so does Mikes new one. Crossed and ripped on both, twice. Must have been Hoosky in a Scweel piston week last month up norf :yikes:

Last edited:

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My prior commitment ran way longer than I thought but I did have the live feed on all day. Was surprised to see action still going on at 6 PM. Looks and sounds like everyone had a good time and decent weather for a GTG.

I will make it to one of these things soon...

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have any vids of the Driller Pro Saws 5105, I own it and would love to see it in action, never got to run it myself yet, he just got it done in time for the GTG. Thanks
I heard it was slow as dirt. :smash2:

j/k Dustin. :lol:
I can’t wait for that vid either.