where do we get these saw in a box at?
I would like to try and build one.

bearhawk

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking forward to this if I'm not too late on the group buy.

Edit: contacted @Gentleman and I'm in. Did I miss where and when the GTG is? I just went through the entire thread and I either missed it or it's private. Hopefully it's during motorcycle season so I can scoot down there on the bike with a saw strapped on the back. Toothchipper and I have ridden motorcycles together for about 34 years now. I'll see if he can break free on the bike and join me. Anybody gonna camp out somewhere near there?

Thinking about class 1 which means I don't really need to think too much through or maybe class 2. Done a lot of wrenching on motorcycles, dirtbikes, airplanes, cars, etc. Only done some work on chainsaws (top end OH and other little things) so this will be a fun learning for me. The GTG sure sounds like it will be a fun/funny time even if my saw doesn't run. Anytime we can see an engine blow apart is fun right? Even more fun/funny when it's someone elses :)

Last edited:

penzone

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So, I'm new to OPE. I just found this forum, thanks to Randy. I've got a saw in the mail from him as we speak. It's not a true worked over MMSW saw, but it's been tuned an tweaked by him to keep me cutting for good long while (I hope).

I just came across all this tonight and would love to get in on this. I'll contact Gentleman and see if there are any left.

I've never taken a file or grinder to a cylinder yet, and I've only had one chainsaw top end apart before. But I'm pretty good with a wrench and have been playing with cars, trucks and bikes for many years now. Hope I can get a kit and at least get it running! How much I do past that will depend on how much learn'n I can do between now and then.

Thanks for putting this all together, and whether I get a kit or not, I'm planning on gong to the GTG. I have 3 little one from 4 down to 2 months, so as long as life cooperates, I'll be there!

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So, I'm new to OPE. I just found this forum, thanks to Randy. I've got a saw in the mail from him as we speak. It's not a true worked over MMSW saw, but it's been tuned an tweaked by him to keep me cutting for good long while (I hope).

I just came across all this tonight and would love to get in on this. I'll contact Gentleman and see if there are any left.

I've never taken a file or grinder to a cylinder yet, and I've only had one chainsaw top end apart before. But I'm pretty good with a wrench and have been playing with cars, trucks and bikes for many years now. Hope I can get a kit and at least get it running! How much I do past that will depend on how much learn'n I can do between now and then.

Thanks for putting this all together, and whether I get a kit or not, I'm planning on gong to the GTG. I have 3 little one from 4 down to 2 months, so as long as life cooperates, I'll be there!
Welcome to OPE sir.

penzone

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome to OPE sir.
Thank you sir. I've been reading a lot and trying to learn as much as possible.

Looks like I'll be able to get a kit! So I'll be starting a build thread once I get it all in. Has there been a section set aside for these builds? I thought I read a mention of that earlier.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking forward to this if I'm not too late on the group buy.

Edit: contacted @Gentleman and I'm in. Did I miss where and when the GTG is? I just went through the entire thread and I either missed it or it's private. Hopefully it's during motorcycle season so I can scoot down there on the bike with a saw strapped on the back. Toothchipper and I have ridden motorcycles together for about 34 years now. I'll see if he can break free on the bike and join me. Anybody gonna camp out somewhere near there?

Thinking about class 1 which means I don't really need to think too much through or maybe class 2. Done a lot of wrenching on motorcycles, dirtbikes, airplanes, cars, etc. Only done some work on chainsaws (top end OH and other little things) so this will be a fun learning for me. The GTG sure sounds like it will be a fun/funny time even if my saw doesn't run. Anytime we can see an engine blow apart is fun right? Even more fun/funny when it's someone elses :)
http://opeforum.com/threads/2nd-annual-mastermind-worksaws-gtg-october-13th-14th

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The fun in it to me isn't building another boring work saw,it's building the same exact saw as everyone else but trying to do it better than them with the same parts.

If my chain is 10 times better and I win how is that a saw build off?

I like class 2,everyone has the same stuff and that will tell you who built the stronger saw that particular day.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fun in it to me isn't building another boring work saw,it's building the same exact saw as everyone else but trying to do it better than them with the same parts.

If my chain is 10 times better and I win how is that a saw build off?

I like class 2,everyone has the same stuff and that will tell you who built the stronger saw that particular day.
Well put. Kinda what I was trying to say.

But it seems like class 3 will keep a lot of guys happy, which is a good thing.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree about the chain deal in class three. Thinking about the rules it does say any chain you want, so I may just want to run the stock chain like one and two in three to be sporting.