2017 MMWS GTG Box Saw Build Off Rules

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well put. Kinda what I was trying to say.

But it seems like class 3 will keep a lot of guys happy, which is a good thing.

As long as guys have fun, that's what's important.
If someone wants to compare to or three builds after the competition, I'm sure they could be run again with the same bar and chain.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly.

When I wrote these rules I was trying to make everyone happy. Of course that ain't possible. It is what it is....

Well the rules do say "Make your own chain.", so that's pretty fair and wipes out buying your way to victory from the best chain makers.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tough to enforce that rule.

We are all Gentlemen here after all aren't we? If someone feels the need to win that badly let 'em. They'll have to live with it, not me. I'm going to have fun with this if it kills me. Lol

Serious question; is class three going to be using the same supplied bar or do we need to supply are own?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are all Gentlemen here after all aren't we? If someone feels the need to win that badly let 'em. They'll have to live with it, not me. I'm going to have fun with this if it kills me. Lol

Serious question; is class three going to be using the same supplied bar or do we need to supply are own?

All the classes will run the same bars.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gauge is something we need to discuss.

Most longer bars will be .063 gauge.

Thoughts?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oregon and Stihl make them(32") in both gauges, with some extra options in .063" Sugi in .063" only.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The other point of any chain is would you build a 2k HP drag car and make them run stock tires?
Don't build many drag cars for a 175$
The guy who has a 2k hp car will only be competing against guys just like him who have the skill set and money to do it.

Take the same guys who race 2k hp cars year after year and then make the cars 1500$ where anybody can race,who do you think will win?

I understand the class and like the unlimited part of it but if you don't run the same chain then all your doing is comparing chains not who can build the strongest saw.
I wouldn't know where to start to build a race chain and that's why I'll stay in class 2.
Your chain will be so much better than mine it wouldn't matter how much faster my saw is.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Obviously I'm not saying my saw would be faster than yours mike,I'm giving a example.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 32: is .050" as well not that that that matters at all for the races. Would not .063" be a a bit stronger for these hopped up Chinese contraptions? Less chance of breakage?

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I see all sides of the opinions and nobody is wrong here. It's just a difference in skill sets. Some of you guys are amazing saw builders, but are limited on chains. Some of you are chain gurus, but limited on saw building. Some guys happen to have both talents and those are the ones that will be strong in class 3. I personally only chose to enter this build off in class 1 or 2 because of the off the roll chain. Had it been an open chain contest I would have walked away because I wouldn't pay somebody to make a chain for me in what's supposed to be a cheap fun build off. It's all in fun fellas and like any rule set somebody is always gonna feel different about them.