200T Video & Seal Thread

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
2:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, the oem seals do work. the other 2 saws I recently worked on have fine seals. BUT... that doesn't mean I like the design. The fact that its so likely to wreck them when installing them (short of having the factory tools) is silly.

Thanks for watching my vids, be sure to do it right before bed, you'll be out like a light for sure :)

You should have the OEM tools then make the decision on which ones work better.....especially after some long term field use. I'll trade you a"whitening" for some tools ? (Without insurance of course )

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Al,
Are you using the OEM tooling for that "hour" to split and re-bearing/seal the 200t.
Just curious. At $8 a set it don't take long to recoup the $30 in tools it takes to do the seal job( if it actually does do the job 'right')
I have read lot of threads about theese dificulties with the oems seals of the 200s saws , i also see the video of the member here , my personal opinion is that the Germans make mistake to this part ( seals )
for the tools now you know very well how many oem tools i have and for the seal pullers specialy i can tell you that in some models they work better than in others so depend of the constarction of the saw - seal, place that the seal is and many others thinks sometimes i have problem to pull a seal out with the oem puller sometimes no.
the finaly result is that theese tools for sure make the job faster better and easier in the 90% of cases than the homemade tricks wires , screwdrivers, etc,etc

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should have the OEM tools then make the decision on which ones work better.....especially after some long term field use. I'll trade you a"whitening" for some tools ? (Without insurance of course )

After doing it...I don't need oem tools to insert these. Watch my vid...I can get them in there....that doesn't mean I have to like a relatively unique design that is fragile and finicky. I understand the desire to use oem...I really do. For my next build...I'm gonna try the metal frame am seals that are....frankly...properly designed

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
After doing it...I don't need oem tools to insert these. Watch my vid...I can get them in there....that doesn't mean I have to like a relatively unique design that is fragile and finicky. I understand the desire to use oem...I really do. For my next build...I'm gonna try the metal frame am seals that are....frankly...properly designed
I cant speak for this saw model and if oem seals are good or not because i never have one in my hands, but for all other that i have repair i can tell that theese aftermarket parts are a pure *B-S.... from the smalest screw to the pistons cylinders plastic parts rubber parts , bearings and everything else .
I dont understand how can someone will give you the same quality but with 5 or more times lower price.
and if i have dificulties to pull out or to put in a part no matter if is seal carb or something , this no mean that this part is no good
for the oem tools now yes are not the magic and they dont do the job themselfs , but sure they help a lot

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have the case apart...it's easy to pull the oem seals home with a bolt...check my vid...it works. But...that doesn't mean a bake lite frame is good design....or the fact that there isn't a spring in there.

I don't subscribe to the all am parts are bs crowd

And even if you do...keep in mind two things.

You are on a forum hosted by an am parts warehouse.

2. Be prepared to backup your accusations.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a metric chit ton of aftermarket seals. Just never on the 200t.

Keep in mind the reason that the oem seal has no spring.....

Nearly no friction.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll find another to rebuild....no worries

..then I'll get a vid out of it :)

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you have the case apart...it's easy to pull the oem seals home with a bolt...check my vid...it works. But...that doesn't mean a bake lite frame is good design....or the fact that there isn't a spring in there.

I don't subscribe to the all am parts are bs crowd

And even if you do...keep in mind two things.

You are on a forum hosted by an am parts warehouse.

2. Be prepared to backup your accusations.
And what this mean must tell that the china piston that cost 5 dollars are better than a mahle because the forum are hosted by one who have a shop and sale aftermarket parts .

oh please mr dont banned me i will be good boy from now on i tell that the toyota is better than the bugati

Hello mister this forum is not arboristite wake up .

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just asking you to be courteous and keep those things in mind. No need to call me mister

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really agonized over hitting the send button for a second or two. I know your nutz are already sore.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some creative editing in this thread. It's not something I like doing......but the OP gave me his blessing.

If it pisses anyone off.......blame Thomas1.
Where? I'm so mad right now! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just asking you to be courteous and keep those things in mind. No need to call me mister
I was very courteous
you attack me and tell me to keep in mind that the owner of this forum is someone who sale aftermarkets and bla,bla , bla

your first post is that you have 4 pages for your thread in the Arboristite and here you have only two, and that there they take more seriusly your thread and your videos than here and bla bla bla and that you have problems with your ms 200t and again bla, bla , bla

ok if you have problems go to the stihl factory they know how to put seals without breaking them

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was very courteous
you attack me and tell me to keep in mind that the owner of this forum is someone who sale aftermarkets and bla,bla , bla

your first post is that you have 4 pages for your thread in the Arboristite and here you have only two, and that there they take more seriusly your thread and your videos than here and bla bla bla and that you have problems with your ms 200t and again bla, bla , bla

ok if you have problems go to the stihl factory they know how to put seals without breaking them
Easy panteliss. Matt is a great guy just trying to learn and share like the rest of us. He cares about our sponsor and wants to support him. Don't take it personal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Panteliss:

Not sure how you equate:

"I was very courteous"

and

"for all other that i have repair i can tell that theese aftermarket parts are a pure *B-S.... from the smalest screw to the pistons cylinders plastic parts rubber parts , bearings and everything else ."

on a forum hosted by an AM parts site... these two statements are incongruous

"you attack me"

not sure what your definition of attack is. pretty sure I wasn't the one that called names.

ALSO,

my point in posting in Al's thread wasn't to derail the thread or start a discussion of 200t seals or to garner sympathy for my thread.... my point WAS to demonstrate that here at OPE the users seem to have quite a bit of energy and emotion dedicated to bashing AS, which doesn't make sense given that fact that there were open threads (including mine) that involved saws with issues... my 200t thread is dedicated to a bolt for bolt video series, one which believe to be not only unique on youtube but it is of a topic/saw that is quite popular. 200t's are the holy grail of climbing saws for most guys and the more issues that get flushed out the better. I'm learning, learning a lot here and on AS, and I wish to share it with people. I hope you'll join my on the journey and aid in my productivity for all to benefit.

back to the seals. I'm beginning to see why MM likes the husky 262xp so much. the seals on that saw are cake...and frankly, properly designed. any company that designs a saw that needs a special procedure and tools for installation and removal is insulting the mechanics that work on them. don't think for a second I don't have my gripes with husky, but that's not what this thread is about. if I get another 200t that needs seals, I will happily do a video w/ AM seals and prove my point (or disprove it and eat humble pie.... fair enough?)

-Mattyo