1988 Ford F-150 Resto Thread!

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bugger. You are backed into a corner a bit ay.

I had an Australian cousin of this motor. 4.1(250) alloy x-flow head in an XE Falcon Fairmont Ghia. Head was cast by Yamaha according to some. Can't confirm that.
Mild cam and headers to match 3 SPD BW auto and port and valve work to suit. Carbed tho.
Went good.
Got stolen and torched. So began my Subaru Legacy RS Turbo era...
Those 4.1 engines were slugs with the std heads on and had an insatiable appetite for fuel. Very interesting that they got Yamaha involved. Anything that breathes of Toyotas seems to have Yamaha heads on or Yamaha influence.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those 4.1 engines were slugs with the std heads on and had an insatiable appetite for fuel. Very interesting that they got Yamaha involved. Anything that breathes of Toyotas seems to have Yamaha heads on or Yamaha influence.
These fullas (as Lynn Rogers) built the block and ported and assembled the head Rog. It was night and day different. So maybe we'll say the alloy head has some potential, rather than the Yamaha bit being the influential part.
https://www.harrisperformancenz.co.nz/

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These fullas (as Lynn Rogers) built the block and ported and assembled the head Rog. It was night and day different. So maybe we'll say the alloy head has some potential, rather than the Yamaha bit being the influential part.
https://www.harrisperformancenz.co.nz/
Ok so it was a one of then . I'm sure it would have lifted its game a lot as driving those things they always seemed asthmatic. On the Yamaha front I went on boat that had 2 landcruser 4.2 6 cyl engines in but with Yamaha marine heads on and those could sit at 4500 rpm comfortably something a std landcruser would never do .

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve can you retrofit the later oe engine management that Timofee G is familiar with? Junkyard supply house cheap cheap?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve can you retrofit the later oe engine management that Timofee G is familiar with? Junkyard supply house cheap cheap?

I can do anything, but, it's not worth the effort. Even the MAF 300 has it's limitations.

I will go sniper 2300 and a Clifford intake with a comp 268h cam. Run either a durasparkII distributor or HEI distributor.

I just don't have an extra 2k sitting around to do it and, this is my daily driver.