TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
9:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
crown is shaped deliberately and ring grooves modified to accept 1.5mm, I wonder if Jim wants to play with it :)
Exciting times we are living in. I love seeing old stuff repaired, turned up, and working! Seems like while Jim works on all kinds of stuff I guess I just find the old stuff to be special.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, here's another one I did last year for Ross. He put a pipe in it and I suspect maybe advanced the timing some but I haven't asked him on that.

Ross is getting it dialed in nicely. He had it at the pnwgtg and it was very impressive.

you know he works on a a$$ load of saws if the cat aint running lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran across a little hidden damage in the beginning. These little chunks of the case were flaking loose so I picked the rim clean and smoothed out the area.
View attachment 88381 View attachment 88382

Unfortunately it claimed both the cylinder and piston. :(
View attachment 88385 View attachment 88386

I searched around and couldn't find anyone with a spare so I decided I'd give up the cylinder with matching stamp piston from my saw. The damaged cylinder had a smaller piston combo so this will be better in the long run.

So add the set brand new oem rings on hand and were now back to this emoji..:headbang:

The stock numbers are: 103-122-69 with the oem gasket, with a squish measurement of 62 thou.

Your A+ man for giving up personal parts man!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
And he did it without letting the owner of this saw know there was any kind of a problem until everything was fixed.
Yeah I let that guy get me pretty good Joe. I felt pretty bad not saying something right away, but I wasn't about to give you news that was only bad.

crown is shaped deliberately and ring grooves modified to accept 1.5mm, I wonder if Jim wants to play with it :)
:couch:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran across a little hidden damage in the beginning. These little chunks of the case were flaking loose so I picked the rim clean and smoothed out the area.
View attachment 88381 View attachment 88382

Unfortunately it claimed both the cylinder and piston. :(
View attachment 88385 View attachment 88386

I searched around and couldn't find anyone with a spare so I decided I'd give up the cylinder with matching stamp piston from my saw. The damaged cylinder had a smaller piston combo so this will be better in the long run.

So add the set brand new oem rings on hand and were now back to this emoji..:headbang:

The stock numbers are: 103-122-69 with the oem gasket, with a squish measurement of 62 thou.
I wouldn't toss that jug. Still usable with full disclosure.

Crank can be sleeved or welded up as well

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wouldn't toss that jug. Still usable with full disclosure.

Crank can be sleeved or welded up as well
I'm not tossing that jug. It's fixable, but the transfers need raised close to a dozen degrees to clean up the worst spot. Those nasty grooves are about .060" deep. With the replacement cylinder he gets a proper matching stamped piston to the cylinder instead of a smaller piston as it was.

I'm not sure about the crank Al. The crap that resembled putty or polishing compound that claimed the main bearings and shafts may have also been working on the big end bearing.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chainsaw Jim, have a Piston and a cylinder here, I can send to you if you pm me an address. Cylinder does have some minor corrosion on the aluminum parts inside. The chrome looks like it will clean up ok I think. It's yours if you would like to have a go with it. If a 480 crankshaft is the same I can send it along with too.

IMG_20170918_135451834.jpg

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Chainsaw Jim, have a Piston and a cylinder here, I can send to you if you pm me an address. Cylinder does have some minor corrosion on the aluminum parts inside. The chrome looks like it will clean up ok I think. It's yours if you would like to have a go with it. If a 480 crankshaft is the same I can send it along with too.

View attachment 88649
I'll be sending you some cash for it unless a swap is in order.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be sending you some cash for it unless a swap is in order.

You best look at it first and make sure everything is usable for your saw. Cylinder was off a 1983 2100cd landing saw after all. Can use a few parts myself truth be told. So yeah let me send 'em to you and see what you can come up with. Someone let me know about the 480cd crankshaft if that will work or not, I really don't know off the top of my head.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've bought bearings from them several times and they have always gave me axis. Assuming you are talking about Mcguire.
Yeah I couldn't remember the name. I visited a few places that day and all were out of stock. Of course it would be the farthest one from me.