1100cd...The Resurrection and porting

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I couldn't remember the name. I visited a few places that day and all were out of stock. Of course it would be the farthest one from me.
Usually how it works. But Everytime I've gone there they have had what I needed as far as bearings go. Not seals though. It seems that most of the crank seals that I have needed are kinda odd ball sizing.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm making some more breathing room for the piston. There will be about 7 grams of aluminum dust in the pile when I'm done.20170919_013333.jpg 20170919_012349.jpg

There's plenty of meat left on the bone for structural support. No grinding on the inside. The bevel on each side of the bottom makes it look much thinner at that angle.

Last edited:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm making some more breathing room for the piston. There will be about 7 grams of aluminum dust in the pile when I'm done.View attachment 88759 View attachment 88760

There's plenty of meat left on the bone for structural support. No grinding on the inside. The bevel on each side of the bottom makes it look much thinner at that angle.

Awesome Jim, this 1100 is going to make a good 2101 VERY NERVOUS!

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
what does the CD mean in the model.

David _4

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No wonder Axis Bearings are smooth. Got this from their parent companies website, Baart Industrial Group.

Deep Groove Ball Bearings
Axis manufactures bearings to incredibly close tolerances. Instead of the usual ABEC 1, Axis manufactures every bearing to meet or exceed ABEC 3 tolerances. Every Axis bearing uses grade 10 balls (normally only found in ABEC 5 or better), instead of grade 25. Grade 10 balls are rounder, more precise and share the load more evenly. All Axis deep groove ball bearings are noise and vibration tested. Polyrex EM grease, the lubricant of choice for the electric motor industry, is used in all Axis pre-greased bearings. In addition, Axis bearings feature high-strength, temperature-resistant steel retainers. All of these high-quality features add up to longer life.

Angular Contact Ball Bearings
All Axis angular contact ball bearings meet or exceed ABEC 5 tolerances. They feature forged rings for superior grain structure. The machined bronze retainer provides superior strength and heat dissipation. They come with a 40-degree contact angle for high thrust load capacity. All Axis angular contact ball bearings are universally flush ground allowing them to be paired in any configuration your application demands.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No wonder Axis Bearings are smooth. Got this from their parent companies website, Baart Industrial Group.

Deep Groove Ball Bearings
Axis manufactures bearings to incredibly close tolerances. Instead of the usual ABEC 1, Axis manufactures every bearing to meet or exceed ABEC 3 tolerances. Every Axis bearing uses grade 10 balls (normally only found in ABEC 5 or better), instead of grade 25. Grade 10 balls are rounder, more precise and share the load more evenly. All Axis deep groove ball bearings are noise and vibration tested. Polyrex EM grease, the lubricant of choice for the electric motor industry, is used in all Axis pre-greased bearings. In addition, Axis bearings feature high-strength, temperature-resistant steel retainers. All of these high-quality features add up to longer life.

Angular Contact Ball Bearings
All Axis angular contact ball bearings meet or exceed ABEC 5 tolerances. They feature forged rings for superior grain structure. The machined bronze retainer provides superior strength and heat dissipation. They come with a 40-degree contact angle for high thrust load capacity. All Axis angular contact ball bearings are universally flush ground allowing them to be paired in any configuration your application demands.
i sure would like to find a supplier or these said bearings.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My 044 leaks more bar oil than any of my other saws. I'll tell you what stops that. After you get done running them, open the cap and they don't leak near as much.
My damn pipe saw just started doing that. :mad:
The vent is getting a makeover soon to put an end to it.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My 044 leaks more bar oil than any of my other saws. I'll tell you what stops that. After you get done running them, open the cap and they don't leak near as much.
i wish i could take a leak. it just hurts going.