1/4 .043 or 3/8 .043 for echo 2511?

vrex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Parallel experience here, I use a 2500T which appears to about match a bone stock 2511. I asked a bunch of questions about how to get that thing converted over to 1/4p or .325 pixel and never did convert it to anything besides finding a cheap 3/8p .043 bar and matching chain. I found that a much better combo than the 3/8p .050. Not even sure why echo put an .050 chain on the thing. Anyways, .043 was a worthwhile improvement and a *s-word ton cheaper than the 1/4p sprocket from england and then a 1/4 .050 or .043 bar and chain set (i'd have gone with .050 just for a tooth that doesnt require a magnifying setup to sharpen). I'm sure 1/4p is the right answer, but 3/8p .043 is a cheaper/easier setup. And you can get a stihl light bar (rollo e mini light) bar to keep some weight off.

vrex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know of a .325 sprocket for a 2511? Apparently Oregon doesn't offer a speedcut nano conversion kit for it.

Hot off the press, in looking for a bar in another thread and chasing down leads ya'll provided, I found this

So... .325 nano now available for a 2511T. Color me very interested, when I get me a 2511 I can skip 1/4p problems and have ready access to this chain. I like the way the stuff cuts on a T540iXP, its no 63PS but I don't think its terrible. @Ketchup and I were talking about converting drums to accept rims and specifically talking about this chain. Less fiddle f'n, more out of the box solutions.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
12:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hot off the press, in looking for a bar in another thread and chasing down leads ya'll provided, I found this

So... .325 nano now available for a 2511T. Color me very interested, when I get me a 2511 I can skip 1/4p problems and have ready access to this chain. I like the way the stuff cuts on a T540iXP, its no 63PS but I don't think its terrible. @Ketchup and I were talking about converting drums to accept rims and specifically talking about this chain. Less fiddle f'n, more out of the box solutions.
Finally!!!

Arthurvmk

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know of a .325 sprocket for a 2511? Apparently Oregon doesn't offer a speedcut nano conversion kit for it.

There’s an Oregon speedcut Nano conversion for the cs-2511s now. And the cost isn’t excessive.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

That chain has the lame anti kickback bumpers on the though correct?

@treefeller24 i have been very happy with the panther 1/4” conversion from

Super fast shipping, very good customer service, and stuff is almost always in stock. The kits are cheaper there than from monkey beaver or ripsaw. Best part no bumper hump on the chain to make plunge cuts easier.

Only downside is the bars don’t hold up if you’re reckless with them. If I’m careful I get a full season of climbing work out of a bar. They now include 2 bars with each kit.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
12:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m running the .325 nano now. The bumper raker doesn’t seem to effect performance (plunges great) but it is a bit annoying to lower the rakers. That said, compared to filing 1/4” the .325 nano is a dream. It does put more load on the saw, but I really like it for removals. I find the 1/4” chain can bind in big cuts pretty easily.

I like the 1/4” a lot too though. It’s lighter and more nimble. Makes a cleaner cut.

I’m basically on a two 2511 plan now. 1/4” for pruning, .325” nano for removals.

gschwartzenberger

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought my 2511t with a 3/8LP 14" bar from Sawagain. How does the .325 nano compare to 3/8LP? I'm running Oregon chain. It works but can be pretty grabby with such a light saw.

One nice thing about running the 3/8LP is that I can run the same chains as my Makita 36V cordless XCU08. That has more torque and weight though.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys new to this site, tried posting on arboristsite but didn't get any response so hoping some of you guys can help me out. I'm wanting to change my bar and chain on my 2511 t and trying to figure out if I should go with 1/4 or just stay with 3/8 and step it down to .043? Would like to stay at a 14-in bar. From what I understand 1/4 chains cut really well but don't last long so that why I was thinking I might go down to 3/8 .043. Also I have seen the 1/4 panther conversion kits on monkey Beaver and also kits on rip saw but rip saw only has a 12-in kit. Wouldn't mind trying panther but being that their stuff is not always readily available I would like to convert to Stihl If possible. Some of the older threads I have read say that you have to modify the Stihl bar by drilling additional holes in it so I was just wondering if they have come up with a better solution yet? So 1/4 conversion kit or stay 3/8 and step down to .043 from .050? If anybody has any part numbers that would be great. My 2511 would be used mostly for limbing but it would be nice to be able to do some small spar work with it as well. Thanks for any help
Why not .325/.325m?