026 cylinder question/build

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never seen in an 026, or any Stihl FWIW. Happens w Huskies, the plug angle is different.
For some reason I was thinking it was on an 026.....

I've been wrong before and I have a sneaking suspicion it may happen again!!
Lol

After thinking about it a while I remember now, not positive on the model but it was hashed out on another site.
It was back a few years and no reason to bring that mess up again.

Sorry for the misdirection, carry on and disregard.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For some reason I was thinking it was on an 026.....

I've been wrong before and I have a sneaking suspicion it may happen again!!
Lol

After thinking about it a while I remember now, not positive on the model but it was hashed out on another site.
It was back a few years and no reason to bring that mess up again.

Sorry for the misdirection, carry on and disregard.

All good stuff. Talking about stuff is what this site is all about, just not arguing and yelling.

I’ve had it happen on 262’s for me. Huskies tend to have that spark plug “tent” on their covers. They situate the plug in a more vertical angle than Stihl generally does. They didn’t always, for instance, a 272 jug has a more vertical plug orientation than a 266 jug. Hence, the top cover interference with the plug boot when swapping a 272 jug onto a 266.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All good stuff. Talking about stuff is what this site is all about, just not arguing and yelling.

I’ve had it happen on 262’s for me. Huskies tend to have that spark plug “tent” on their covers. They situate the plug in a more vertical angle than Stihl generally does. They didn’t always, for instance, a 272 jug has a more vertical plug orientation than a 266 jug. Hence, the top cover interference with the plug boot when swapping a 272 jug onto a 266.
I remembered you mentioning a plug interference issue once before, I think that is why I was thinking it was an 026. You definitely have those figured out!

I have not been able to play with saws much for sometime now so it all starts to get a bit foggy in my aging brain.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Impulse and fuel hookup?
I'm just getting ready to figure out how I'm going to do it. I'm thinking that I'll put an elbow on the fuel nipple and see if that will work without kinking the line. I put a cover from another carb with an impulse nipple on the 361 carb, it doesn't line up so i'll probably run a new impulse line.