working on other builders saws

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
6:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I'm cutting 12" stove wood out of a Hedge tree, I can't even get done with the damn thing in one tank. I try to get every thing 4" and over. Takes forever. A few fill up's on an 066, and you've spent a gallon of fuel easy. They're fuel pigs. If ya really want to use some fuel, slap that *b-word on a mill and make some slabs. Worst life in the world for a saw.
So time vs fuel?? It's all relative.

Do you really mean to tell me that the saw doesn't know if you're a professional logger or guy who trims his shrubs twice a year and that whichever saw runs for the longest time under load is going to burn the most fuel? That's just crazy talk. Next you're going to tell me that people that drive further burn more fuel in their cars.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, longtime first time.

Used to be on arboristsite, looks like a lot of familiar people here. Figured I'd join and say Hi!

Anyways I'm an expert saw porter now. LMK if you have any questions.
Welcome to the site sir ,Excellent first post .

DSS

widebody
Local time
7:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Do you really mean to tell me that the saw doesn't know if you're a professional logger or guy who trims his shrubs twice a year and that whichever saw runs for the longest time under load is going to burn the most fuel? That's just crazy talk. Next you're going to tell me that people that drive further burn more fuel in their cars.
He used to live in Michigan. His head froze.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, longtime first time.

Used to be on arboristsite, looks like a lot of familiar people here. Figured I'd join and say Hi!

Please tell us why this saw failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, longtime first time.

1 question:
Are you feeling ok?
You don't look well at all.

Yes and no.
If you drive a dodge for instance, you could feasibly burn less fuel over a given 50 miles than a Ford.
As the Ford will be burning fuel for about an hour, and the Dodge will have been being towed at least 30 of those miles.

dodge.jpg

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes and no.
If you drive a dodge for instance, you could feasibly burn less fuel over a given 50 miles than a Ford.
As the Ford will be burning fuel for about an hour, and the Dodge will have been being towed at least 30 of those miles.

38419683.jpg
ac68feea55dc7150258787d94a81dccf.jpg

Last edited: